Fullback situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fullback situation

daninoz

Scout Team
Reaction score
Yes, we know it's the off-season with threads like this.

But I'm a little bit fascinated with the fullback situation we're looking at right now. When Parcells got here, Reagan Mauia was the 'phins fullback. He obviously the kind of size you look for, but to this point had really been more of a receiving fullback than anything. Then of course, with his Taxi Driver moment a month or two back, he really made himself expendable.

So one of the first players that Parcells and Ireland signed was Boomer Grigsby. But Grigsby's really more of a special teamer than any particular position. He's not even a real fullback. You could conceivably move him back to linebacker and let the other three guys battle it out.

Then you draft this Lex Hilliard guy. Hilliard's videos are just fun to watch. He really does look like Marion Barber or Earl Campbell. Course, that's against 1-AA competition. (FCS or FBS or whatever) Still, the FO spent a draft pick on him, so you have to expect that he's likely to make the team.

Then there's Rolly Lumbala. Seems like the rumors linking this guy with Miami going into the draft were true. Obviously he's undrafted, so his chances of making the team are pretty low, but I wouldn't count him just yet. He's arguably the best pure fullback prospect of any of the above players.

So at least two of these guys will be gone by August. I suppose it's possible that Grigsby moves back to linebacker since there's still not a whole lot of depth there even with all the signings.

I could see Grisby gone. Parcells likes keeping two Fullbacks. I think Mauia and Hilliard will be our FB.

He also signed a very promising udfa Rolly Lumbala, this is the guy that may take maui's spot because he is a more protypical fb than hilliard, hilliard will be kept in a different capacity than our everydown fb.

Back
Top Bottom