Future Dolphins Hall of Famers..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future Dolphins Hall of Famers.....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Now that JT is in, who l be next and coming down the line?

1. Cam Wake (think he is 1st ballot, 22nd at worst.
2. Mile Pouncey. Injuries might keep him out but he Ulf,be a lock if he can make it a few more years.
3. Zach Thomas. You have to think he will eventually get in.

If T.O. and Bruce can't get in, well there is no hope Landryunless he lights it up. Can't think of anyone else outside of a legand getting in via senior committee vote.

Suh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Suh will get in, if he keeps racking up the Pro Bowls and All-Pro selections .... the same for Cameron Wake. If Cameron can put on two more Pro Bowl years (which would be 7 Pro Bowls in 10 years with us), get to 100 sacks (he has 81.5 now, hes 18.5 away), and get selected to the 2010s All Decade team (which I think he will), he will draw serious consideration I think.

Zach Thomas has 16 years left as a modern-era candidate ... his last year to get in is 2033, so he has time. Once they put Ray Lewis in (next year), and eventually Brian Urlacher (hes eligible next year as well), then I think Zach will get in. His resume is good enough for Canton, and I hope hes the next to get in for us.

As far as "past players" that deserve to be in:
Bob Kuechenberg, Dick Anderson, Jake Scott, and Richmond Webb ... you can make great cases for, for the NFL HOF, (especially Kuechenberg and Anderson).

I also hope one day, Joe Robbie gets in as an owner. Miami had their best years and most success when he was running the ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suh will get in, if he keeps racking up the Pro Bowls and All-Pro selections .... the same for Cameron Wake. If Cameron can put on two more Pro Bowl years (which would be 7 Pro Bowls in 10 years with us), get to 100 sacks (he has 81.5 now, hes 18.5 away), and get selected to the 2010s All Decade team (which I think he will), he will draw serious consideration I think.

Zach Thomas has 16 years left as a modern-era candidate ... he last year to get in is 2033, so he has time. Once they put Ray Lewis in (next year), and eventually Brian Urlacher (hes eligible next year as well), then I think Zach will get in. His resume is good enough for Canton, and I hope hes the next to get in for us.

As far as "past players" that deserve to be in:
Bob Kuechenberg, Dick Anderson, Jake Scott, and Richmond Webb ... you can make great cases for, for the NFL HOF, (especially Kuechenberg and Anderson).

I also hope one day, Joe Robbie gets in as an owner. Miami had their best years and most success when he was running the ship.

Joe Robbie should absolutely get in. Also, your assessment is spot on. Zach will get in at some point. While not a hall of famer, do you think bowens goes into the ring of honor next? I figure Madison/surtain get in at some point

Joe Robbie should absolutely get in. Also, your assessment is spot on. Zach will get in at some point. While not a hall of famer, do you think bowens goes into the ring of honor next? I figure Madison/surtain get in at some point

I have no problem with Madison and Surtian going in the Honor Roll next as a "duel induction". They were the best "cover corner tandem" the Phins ever had. Cameron Wake will certainly go in the Honor Roll when he calls it a career. Bowens, while a very good player, I dont think will go into the Honor Roll.

I really hope Wake does, and hopefully he plays a while longer even if just as a situational pass rusher etc. plenty of older guys played that role for years near the end of their careers.

Kuechenberg should've gotten in a long time ago. Same for Anderson and Scott. It's a joke that only one member on defense on our SB winning teams are in. And Scott was even a SB MVP. While the 0-4 SB Vikings defense for example have Page, Eller and Krause in. Hard to say who may be next of recent players: Webb, Ricky, Zach maybe. Irving Fryar has damn good career numbers, but wasn't a Dolphin that long. I don't see him getting in. Joe Robbie as an owner should've probably gotten in years ago too. I'm just really happy Taylor got in on the first ballot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake will have to play at a high level for at least a couple of more years to have a shot. I hope he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake is a certainty. Considering he missed 4 years due to being not considered good enough, and then too do what he has done, then yes, he will go in. As will Suh. ZT will go in in 5 years time.

No one else could be considered at this stage.

Now that JT is in, who l be next and coming down the line?

1. Cam Wake (think he is 1st ballot, 22nd at worst.
2. Mile Pouncey. Injuries might keep him out but he Ulf,be a lock if he can make it a few more years.
3. Zach Thomas. You have to think he will eventually get in.

Yeah none of those 3 are getting in. Wake doesn't have the sack numbers and hasn't done it long enough honestly to get in. Pouncey isn't even close. And Zach isn't making the cuts now, that isn't going to change moving forward.

Not trying to be a downer, just being honest

Yeah none of those 3 are getting in. Wake doesn't have the sack numbers and hasn't done it long enough honestly to get in. Pouncey isn't even close. And Zach isn't making the cuts now, that isn't going to change moving forward.

Not trying to be a downer, just being honest

Wake already has 81 sacks. Only 18.5 more to 100, he'll get in based on his years in the NFL to sacks.

Thomas also has a shot. Part of the 2000s all decade team, been an All Pro 7 times (5 of which is 1st team) and also I think he's been to 10? Pro Bowls back when it mattered.

Wake already has 81 sacks. Only 18.5 more to 100, he'll get in based on his years in the NFL to sacks.

Thomas also has a shot. Part of the 2000s all decade team, been an All Pro 7 times (5 of which is 1st team) and also I think he's been to 10? Pro Bowls back when it mattered.

100 sacks isn't enough for Wake. He needs to be at 120 and rally near 130 or more. Kevin Greene just got in he had 160 sacks. JT has 139.5. Chris Doleman had 150. And the ratio of years to sacks isn't going to get him in either.

With Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher up for the HOF next year Zach is going to slide even further down on the list and if he isn't making the cuts now, it's not going to improve next year with those 2 who are better than him coming on the list

Wake could easily get 100 after next year.

Length of career and dominance does matter, our very own Dwight Stephenson is a prime example. Since Wake has been a Miami Dolphin I can't think of a more dominant 4-3 end rushing the passer year in and year out.

Back
Top Bottom