Future Dolphins Hall of Famers..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future Dolphins Hall of Famers.....

i might be in the minortity but I think Webb was overrated. He couldn't run block and his career of being a great pass blocker wasnt that long. People seem to think he blocked for Marino in the 80's "glory" years but he was drafted in '90 and kinda done by '95 in terms of being a great player.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but he is on the 90's All-Decade Team and was in a slew of Pro Bowls so it's not just Miami fans that think he's great.

Pouncey, on the other hand-- unless it's the Injury Hall of Fame or the Scumbag Florida Gators Hall of Fame then maybe. It sure as hell won't be the Pro Football Hall of Fame unless he comes back and plays like the best center in the league for the next five or six or seven years. And the Dolphins do something besides get walloped in the Wild Card game as has become their custom. What a reach!

That is your opinion, which could be true, but doesn't exactly make it a fact...just an opinion.

Sorry, it's true! To think Mike Pouncey is a HOF center when the guy can't play more than half a season anymore is comical. Zach gets fewer votes each year and Wake doesn't have 100 sacks nor a long career.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but he is on the 90's All-Decade Team and was in a slew of Pro Bowls so it's not just Miami fans that think he's great.

Pouncey, on the other hand-- unless it's the Injury Hall of Fame or the Scumbag Florida Gators Hall of Fame then maybe. It sure as hell won't be the Pro Football Hall of Fame unless he comes back and plays like the best center in the league for the next five or six or seven years. And the Dolphins do something besides get walloped in the Wild Card game as has become their custom. What a reach!
pouncy is absolutely a reach. Webb > Pouncey by a mile. I just don't think he was a HOFr. Felt to me like Dan made his LTs better than they were cause he got rid of the ball so quickly.

i might be in the minortity but I think Webb was overrated. He couldn't run block and his career of being a great pass blocker wasnt that long. People seem to think he blocked for Marino in the 80's "glory" years but he was drafted in '90 and kinda done by '95 in terms of being a great player.

Didnt bruce smith pretty much wear him out...i have nightmares to this day about facing the bills in buffalo with something on the line every year

Those spiderman print things the lbs used to wear under their unis are forever implanted in my head

i agree that richmond webb should not be in the hall

Webb did fine against Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, pretty much anyone the Bills or anyone else threw at him. Webb was drafted to counter Bruce Smith and he more than held his own. Smith really respected him. Thurman Thomas is who wrecked the Dolphins seasons back then. Marino got sacked a little more later in his career because he was getting older and more immobile. Webb was never on a team that emphasized running the ball under Shula, and Jimmy Johnson tried to run with no running backs. The best back Webb ever blocked for (for one season) was Lamar Smith and he had a career year. Without re-watching tape of old games, I can't make any sort of determination if Webb, himself, was a poor run blocker.

Webb did fine against Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, pretty much anyone the Bills or anyone else threw at him. Webb was drafted to counter Bruce Smith and he more than held his own. Smith really respected him. Thurman Thomas is who wrecked the Dolphins seasons back then. Marino got sacked a little more later in his career because he was getting older and more immobile. Webb was never on a team that emphasized running the ball under Shula, and Jimmy Johnson tried to run with no running backs. The best back Webb ever blocked for (for one season) was Lamar Smith and he had a career year. Without re-watching tape of old games, I can't make any sort of determination if Webb, himself, was a poor run blocker.
Webb did good against Smith except in the most crucial situations. '92 Championship game, Webb gave up an early sack on 3rd down that knocked us out of FG range and killed a good drive after we had picked Kelly and we were up 3-0. Good player just not "great" IMO.

Webb did good against Smith except in the most crucial situations. '92 Championship game, Webb gave up an early sack on 3rd down that knocked us out of FG range and killed a good drive after we had picked Kelly and we were up 3-0. Good player just not "great" IMO.

Well if performing at one's best in crucial situations is the touchstone for Hall of Fame greatness, then nobody on JJ's overrated late 90s-early 2000s defense deserves to be in.

Being honest? I don't think any one currently.

Suh still needs at least another 3, maybe 4 years, of consistency to solidify a nomination. A few more playoff appearances would help.

Wake is a great NFL story, but his late entry and minimal postseason impact might/will hurt him.

Zach Thomas is the most deserving of former Fins but he'll continue to be overlooked for a while.

No one else is close.

Once Gase and Tannehill become known as the HC/QB combination that knocks Brady/Belechick off the mountain, they'll be there :).

Seriously, Zach Thomas is a HOF LB in my eyes. It took all of the bad LB play I see now to really nail this point home with me. Much like TB12 endorsed JT, he actually compared out early defenses to the current day Seattle defense where he said the scheme was, "we're better than you line and up beat us", Peyton endorses Zach. I've heard Peyton state Zach Thomas was the toughest player to go against because he always seemed to know what was coming and was in the right position. That's a much bigger endorsement than half the crap that gets thrown around my the fans and media as Manning played some pretty good guys.

I booked my hotel today to go see JT get in, as I really want to see the HOF, and this is the last Dolphin I see getting in for awhile. I think Zach is deserving, and if he was on a super bowl champ he would have been been 1st ballot. I'm other words if we would have drafted Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher, Zach would be going in. I think he eventually will get in, but it will take a while and a lot of guys he played against going in ahead of him to advocate for him.

Cam is going to be a long shot as it stands now. With a short career you need something amazing, I.E. Terrel Davis rushing for 2000 yards, and being 2x super bowl MVP. Cam would need a 20 sack season, or being instrumental in Dolphin super bowl win.

Only current players I see on the path is Suh and Landry, but obviously so much for both player to accomplish to make it happen.

TO not getting in has nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with him being an epic distraction. He made a mockery of the game on moultiple occasions, and is paying the price. He will get in soon.

Back
Top Bottom