Future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think we need to shore up the QB situation either from within or via free agency. Perhaps a new coach could make an existing QB sucessful. I think BG is the best of the bunch and could be better with some coaching (hold the ball at your chest) and an o line that blocks. Jay has proven to be ok but not enough to get them to the next level and Sage is not ready at all. If they prove we need someone else lets look to free agency. A list of possible QBs
Gannon
Kordell (Norv likes him)
Brunell
Redmond
Warner :confused:
As for the other needs, WR and O Line I am not sure who is available in free agency, but a rookie can help in either position. Anyone know who may fit the system?
Also a list of those who should be gone next year.
Ruddy
Perry
Nails if not back to old form
Jay
Thompson
McDrop
Greenwood
Fletcher
Ogun if offered pick
Marion if Freeman can play FS

I hope JR gives another year.

i don't know if your statement about sage is correct...how do you know he's not ready at all?

I think before yesterday he had three NFL passes. I just dont see him with the fire this team needs. With no exp and no fire i fear what he would bring to the table. Just dont feel like he is the future.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I think before yesterday he had three NFL passes. I just dont see him with the fire this team needs. With no exp and no fire i fear what he would bring to the table. Just dont feel like he is the future.

How can you say he has no "fire" you have not seen him play but a Quarter and a half... He had enough fire to stand in the pocket and throw a TD in the face of a defense the wanted a shut out badly...

Don't play him because he has little experience? Of course he has little experience because he is being groomed... Brady had "little" experience, he managed OK...

Don't get me wrong I don't think that Sage will start... but not for the reason you pointed out.

Brady had a good coach. If we fall several games behind the last wildcard spot and BG stinks up the joint I say throw on the Sage:D Until then lets hope the line does not kill a QB.

Greenwood? He has played much better this season and is just barely 25 I think. Worth keeping unless someone gives us a first rounder and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Sage couldn't be as bad as BG. Let Jay have his team again until he is again hurt or we are out of the wildcard hunt then give Sage a shot

Actually if the Fins get a new coach next year, someone with either OC experiance or just someone with some fire and attitude you'll see Sage make a run for the starting job. The problem isn't that he dosen't have any fire it's that his examples are DW and Norv. These guys have the fire of a polor ice cap.
I was watching the NFL network and watchint the post game interviews and John Kittna (Bengals QB) was taliknig about Marv lewis and how even though he's a defensive guy he his fire and inthusiasim(sp?) and "step on their throats" mantalitiy drive the offense to want to score points, knowing that if they keep scoring the defense will keep the other team down. They want to blow teams out!!!! That's the kinda coach I want, is a guy that wants to blow team out every game, demoralize them.
You want fire out of the existing players we got? Then get them a coach that instilles the fire in them to "Step on their Throats":fire:

Oh yea and get some talent on the OL. :D

Originally posted by dreadlockera
A list of possible QBs
Gannon
Kordell (Norv likes him)
Brunell
Redmond
Warner :confused:

Gannon--too old
Kordell--no thanks, too inconsistent
Brunell--up in the years, but probably still has a couple left
Redmond--do you mean Redman from Baltimore? Hell no. If Boller is starting over him that tells you all you need to know
Warner--nope, he can only succeed in a Pro Bowl-caliber offense

I would take Couch over all of them. Butch Davis obviously still has a gay love affair with Holcomb, so he should be available.

Back
Top Bottom