Gadsden as good as gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden as good as gone

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
See this Herald story:

Gadsden exit plan discussed

At the risk of breaking my arm patting myself on the back, I feel somewhat vindicated, considering I've been saying all along the Dolphins brass would not cheat younger, more talented receivers roster spots just to keep Gadsden for sentimental reasons.

Right now Gadsden has no other choice than sign an injury settlement. He didn't receive much attention in free agency because of his conduct with the Fins and his injury problem.

Now he's injured again, only a desesperate team would be interested to sign him. If the young Dolphins receivers don't perform, we will see him back.

I've never seen guy screw his career like he did. Sad ending for the best receiver of the team the last 4-5 years.

Who knows, in week six he may have healed enough for us to p/u, if Tolver or S. Simmons are not working out or another WR gets banged up. He knows the system and has caught alot of "Fiedler Balls" that any other guy in the NFL would have missed or had intercepted. I don't think anyone else is going to be dying to get him----see free agency. He was a giant slow OJ Mcduffie when healthy. Too bad OJ didn't get to play opposite C.Chambers that'd have been a tandem. :billsbite :jetssuck: :nesucks:

With that nifty move where he shook off the defender and strolled into the endzone against Atlanta, J.R. Tolver reminded me a bit of a young O.J. McDuffie. Wouldn't that be a Godsend if J.R. could grow into filling the shoes of O.J. (minus the whole toe thing of course).

McDuffie and Chambers...WOW would I love that. Chambers would have 1000 yards easily because McDuffie would easily get 700 or 800 yards. He would certainly get those doulbe teams of CC....just like Thompson should be able to do.

Originally posted by Prime Time
McDuffie and Chambers...WOW would I love that. Chambers would have 1000 yards easily because McDuffie would easily get 700 or 800 yards. He would certainly get those doulbe teams of CC....just like Thompson should be able to do.

I disagree, having OJ wouldn't free up Chambers any more than what we have right now. The only time OJ was ever double covered was when we had ZIP at WR. If Chambers and McDuffie were playing at the same time the double coverage wouldn't be on OJ. Of course OJ would get you that 1st down.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom