Gadsden? "Slow and Not that Good!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden? "Slow and Not that Good!"

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm really tired of talking about this, but I could not resist the latest from Profootballtalk.com:

"Although one personnel exec recently told us that someone should take a chance on Dolphins free-agent receiver Oronde Gadsden for something more than the $530K minimum deal, another executive type tells us that 32 teams can't be wrong -- and that Gadsden is "slow and he's not that good."

I always thought he was decent, but injuries, age and attitude make him a player we can do without.

Gadsden is an average receiver that wants way too much money for only being an average receiver.

He's definetely a good guy to have around the goal-line and 3rd downs..

Other then that..no.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
He's definetely a good guy to have around the goal-line and 3rd downs..

Other then that..no.

I agree. I think his hands and athletic ability will help us in goal line and 3rd and short situations. Basically anytime he doesnt have to beat anyone down the field.

OG is also great if a team is forced to play a short CB on him...but overall he is declining in ability too much to make up for his assets which all revolve around his incredible hands. For the mininum maybe...while I am here: Miami firm on Gadsden offer
Whether it's going to happen, I don't know," said coach Dave Wannstedt, who spoke to Gadsden last week. "But we're obviously not sitting back and waiting on anything. We're moving forward, which we have to."

This topic is indeed old. That PFT column was posted here about a week ago. :)

Gadsden and his agent dropped the ball. He should have signed the deal the Dolphins proposed last year. He is good, but only league minimum good. Signing him would be a plus. He would add needed depth to a unproven WR group.

Back
Top Bottom