Gadsen in J'Ville on Monday... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsen in J'Ville on Monday...

I guess that's the end of that...I wonder how Oronde felt after hearing this news. Wonder if he even made the trip to Jacksonville.

Gadsden, Lucas work on Technique

By Todd Archer, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Monday, June 16, 2003

DAVIE -- As the Dolphins begin their fourth and final quarterback school of the off-season today, free-agent wide receiver Oronde Gadsden and beleagured former Dolphin QB Ray Lucas are reported to have made significant progress working out together.

"We've been working on the bounce pass," reported Lucas, "I've always had the arm for it, but with Oronde going down just as I had my big chance last year, I didn't have the man with the hands who could gather it in off the hop."

Lucas was quick to explain that he wasn't criticizing the rest of the receiving corps. "I'm not saying they're a bunch of prima donnas, but I think their failure to really get after the ball after the first hop hurt us last year," he said.

Gadsden was showing the strength of his commitment to his colleagues throughout the workouts, snaring the balls that hit his massive hands, while unselfishly letting his fellow workout humpbuster, superagent Mike Todd, chase down the ones that called for some footwork.

"Mike's my man," commented Gadsden, "and he can use any work he can get these days."

Asked to comment on the apparent utter lack of interest in his availability as a QB, Lucas offered an upbeat smile and an update, "Thanks to my buddy Oronde, that should change soon. He's just turned me on to my new agent, Mr. Todd."

The rest:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...bcc0fb005c.html

Back
Top Bottom