Gadsen in J'Ville on Monday... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsen in J'Ville on Monday...

and the the monkey buisness continues. they should make a video of players and show how they listen to agents pipe dreams and turned down decent contracts to end up with a tin cup and a sighn will play for food. og would be right up there with that guy from the packers.

If he indeed signs with another team...that gives us another reason to want to win the SB....show that prick what he missed out on for holding out and wanting his huge amounts of money....does he not see the talent on this team?

I hear the Jax wr job is between Stokes and Gadsden. Jax has already offered a contract to Stokes and will entertain Gadsden on Monday. I don't believe they will sign both....

If Jacksonville will match the phins veteran minimum contract offer, I'll personally throw in the extra buck fifty it would take to ensure that he signs with the northern Florida team he's so enamored of.

Used to love him; now I'm sick of him. Whether by his signing elsewhere or by signing here and getting his self-important *ss cut, I've reached the point -- for what my opinion is worth -- where I'd have no qualms about it if we made the Super Bowl and OG and the illustrious Mike Todd got to sit home and watch, sharing the same bag of store-brand corn chips.

Damn... you know, we really could use the guy. Those hands and how he protects with his body... 3rd downs and redzone stuff... he knows tha playbook and everybody seems to appreciate his presence.

He's never had the paydays others who contributed LESS have had, so his holding out has to be seen in context.

What are the options, really? Taking a chance on unproven players when we're looking for a stretch run?

We gotta put this bs behind us and bring him into the fold. It'll actually feel good, -- make it feel like the TEAM is all in place.

Sign OG, now!

If the only selfish, egocentric mistake the guy had made was to demand a renewal in order to play through last season, then he could be forgiven. But this ongoing circus is entirely beyond reason. With his lame flirtations with the Vikes, Pats and Jags he's shown us he has no loalty to the team nor his teammates.

It's time we showed faith in one of these younger guys. DT and Tolver both show the skills to fill the so-called OG void.

It's time for WannSpiel to put the Closed sign on the resigning door. Let's move on. Definitely.

When I played football in High School I played WR, i idolized Gasden and now to have him possibly leave my fav team would be one of the worst experience ever as a finfan....almost as bad as the losing streak to the Jets. If its peanuts he wants no biggie...he is worth it. I realize there is some limit to his worth but healed and healthy he is a valuable asset to the fins.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
If Jacksonville will match the phins veteran minimum contract offer, I'll personally throw in the extra buck fifty it would take to ensure that he signs with the northern Florida team he's so enamored of.

Used to love him; now I'm sick of him. Whether by his signing elsewhere or by signing here and getting his self-important *ss cut, I've reached the point -- for what my opinion is worth -- where I'd have no qualms about it if we made the Super Bowl and OG and the illustrious Mike Todd got to sit home and watch, sharing the same bag of store-brand corn chips.

Damn... you know, we really could use the guy. Those hands and how he protects with his body... 3rd downs and redzone stuff... he knows tha playbook and everybody seems to appreciate his presence.

He's never had the paydays others who contributed LESS have had, so his holding out has to be seen in context.

What are the options, really? Taking a chance on unproven players when we're looking for a stretch run?

We gotta put this bs behind us and bring him into the fold. It'll actually feel good, -- make it feel like the TEAM is all in place.

Sign OG, now!

If the only selfish, egocentric mistake the guy had made was to demand a renewal in order to play through last season, then he could be forgiven. But this ongoing circus is entirely beyond reason. With his lame flirtations with the Vikes, Pats and Jags he's shown us he has no loalty to the team nor his teammates.

It's time we showed faith in one of these younger guys. DT and Tolver both show the skills to fill the so-called OG void.

It's time for WannSpiel to put the Closed sign on the resigning door. Let's move on. Definitely.

So which is it? Do you have "no qualms about it if we made the Super Bowl and OG and the illustrious Mike Todd got to sit home and watch" like you said in the first post or have you forgiven him for his offseason antics, seen his holding out in context and want to "bring him back into the fold" like you said in the second post....or have you gone back to seeing him as egocentric and unloyal and back to WannSpiel putting "the Closed sign on the resigning door"? You finish by saying "Let's move on. Definitely." Well, I don't know if you are but I am definitely ready to move as long as there's nobody sitting on both sides of the fence. You really covered all your bases buddy.

PS...I was just joking Phan4ever; no offense intended.....or maybe there was.... ;)

Gadsden considers move to Jaguars

By Todd Archer, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Monday, June 16, 2003

DAVIE -- When the Dolphins begin their fourth and final quarterback school of the off-season today, free-agent wide receiver Oronde Gadsden will be in Jacksonville, visiting with the Jaguars.

The Dolphins set a deadline for Gadsden to re-sign this week, or they would take a pass on the ninth-leading receiver in team history. The Dolphins have offered Gadsden a one-year deal worth $530,000 and have been in a take-it-or-leave-it mode.

The rest:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...tions/monday/sports_e3de6495b0bcc0fb005c.html

... you know, we really could use the guy. Those hands and how he protects with his body... 3rd downs and redzone stuff...

I wish this were the case, but OG had ZERO redzone receptions last year. He had ZERO TD's.

And he has not been the leading 3rd down receiver...that would be McKnight.

OG is still a great sideline target. But, now Mr. Thompson can easily fill that role.

P4E.....you're insane....in a good way but, insane none the less. :)

to OG......(everybody sing with me)....
:rockon:
Nana na na, Nana na na,...Hey hey hey.......

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

I wish this were the case, but OG had ZERO redzone receptions last year. He had ZERO TD's.

And he has not been the leading 3rd down receiver...that would be McKnight.

OG is still a great sideline target. But, now Mr. Thompson can easily fill that role.

From the Palm Beach Post....

....Gadsden, who caught 223 passes in his five seasons with the Dolphins, has been working out with Ray Lucas, the Dolphins' former backup quarterback, and has been using a personal trainer for the past month. He is coming back from an involved wrist surgery last season that limited him to six games....

Has been using a personal trainer for the past month??????
Here's a guy determined to show the NFL he can recover from injury problems and arthritic toes!

Story of two different classes of players....

Ricky Williams and other Dolphins that have been reported to be working out like crazy since a month after last season.

To Oronde who has been holding out, arguing about how much more he is worth since last season while just this last month starting his training regimine!

This speaks volumes about OG and where he is right now.
If at any point you'd want to be in absolute tip top shape it would be when you are fighting to get a new contract done or any job in the league if you're career is "on the bubble" like his is, don't you think? Yet here he is with his finger up his arse since last season and just decided to seriously train???? :nono:

Personally, I think it's time the Fins move on.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

From the Palm Beach Post....

Has been using a personal trainer for the past month??????
Here's a guy determined to show the NFL he can recover from injury problems and arthritic toes!

Story of two different classes of players....

Ricky Williams and other Dolphins that have been reported to be working out like crazy since a month after last season.

To Oronde who has been holding out, arguing about how much more he is worth since last season while just this last month starting his training regimine!

This speaks volumes about OG and where he is right now.
If at any point you'd want to be in absolute tip top shape it would be when you are fighting to get a new contract done or any job in the league if you're career is "on the bubble" like his is, don't you think? Yet here he is with his finger up his arse since last season and just decided to seriously train???? :nono:

Personally, I think it's time the Fins move on.

This is a point I made in another post, he's had since last year to work out..a serious person would have been in shape already, someone who wants to help us, would have had his butt in the gym earlier his year, doing conditioning drills, then when he was cleared to catch, start adding the catching part in...but not OG..I can do at my age what I want and you (dolphins) have to accept that..I say no way...let him get in shape at someone's elses camp. and yes, if he plays he will make some catches, but will he score or be just what he was here...someone taking up the #2 WR spot, and catching about 500 yards were of passes.

Back
Top Bottom