Game Rituals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Rituals

For me, the game rituals are:

1.) Wake up 8 AM, start making the picks for the week, reading latest pre-game info, and watching all the pre-gram shows until gametime. (DIRECT TV of course)

2.) Dolphins Jersey (Almost always wear a Phins jersey the day after too regardless of a win or loss.) Sometimes wear my Phins.

3.) FOOD, SNACKS, BEVERAGES

4.) End of the game make sure I watch NFL PrimeTime (Never miss a week) and the Sunday night game.

WIN=

LOSS=

i always wear a dolphin jersey, sometimes my dolphin hoody in the cold months but it usually gets taken off so everyone can see the jers. i go to a sports bar with my father in the midst of colts fans but our neighbor owns the bar so we always get the game turned on. we get alot of **** but everyone knows usand its all in fun. but anyways, i guess i was just tryin to say jersey sunday, then always jersey on monday despite win or loss.

byroan said:
If we lose, then I wear a different shirt the next week. Of course they're clean :lol:
:wink:

I hope cleaning them will not wash away the mojo, the winning streak. :roflmao:

It's a good ritual...

My ritual is kinda weird..I usually do not drink alcohol(beers) from the start till the end of the game..

Roman529 said:
I stopped wearing my jerseys after we went 0-6 mainly because I felt they would keep losing if I wore the Phins jersey.....then we beat St Louis and that one win made my whole year. I have a bunch of hockey and college jerseys that I also like to wear on the weekends....I worry about wearing my 3 good Phins jerseys at sportsbars as I don't want anyone to drop beer or wings on them. :mad:
I just keep switching jerseys until I find one that we get rolling with.

I used to have the same "dirty" dilema; then I got my tivo and kegarator and brought the bar to my apartment :lol:

I ware a diffrent hat for every game. If we win I ware it to work on monday. If we lose I ware my Black Dolphins hat.I don't think I will be wareing the black hat much this year!

Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a sports bar to go to. Too many damn Falcons and Bulldogs fans around here.

I gave up last season. Found out that they don't work.

Everytime we score a touchdown, I chug my beer drop my pants and spank it to a picture of Waine Heineinga. My wife hates this but it is a natural reaction....:wink:

I wear underwear all week if we win on sunday...

Needless to say, i changed underwear quite often last season. LOL

vaiden1 said:
Everytime we score a touchdown, I chug my beer drop my pants and spank it to a picture of Waine Heineinga. My wife hates this but it is a natural reaction....:wink:
What do the other people in the bar think?

When I lived out in Texas it was me, my favorite recliner, bowl of popcorn, giant soda, my authentic helmet, full Phins gear (jersey, socks, etc) and Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't move until the game was over (a lot of shouting if we were losing).

Once I moved over to St. Pete, pretty much same as above (except for Sunday Ticket).

Now that I live in the local area, I put on my favorite Phins jersey (authentic Chambers home jersey) and head out to the stadium a couple of hours early, get up to my seat where it's nacho time and shooting the breeze with the fellow season tix holders around me. Note: I am looking for some fellow Phin fans to tailgate with. I'm still new to the whole concept as last year was my first year as a season ticket holder.

When the Phins are away, I go back to the routine that I had in Texas (again without Sunday Ticket or the shouting at the TV). The only bad part is that after spending most of my life on Central Standard Time, I am ALWAYS an hour early for the game on gamedays. Hard habit to break I am afraid.

Back
Top Bottom