*** GAME THREAD SPECIAL: DENVER BRONCOS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS *** Week 16 Christmas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** GAME THREAD SPECIAL: DENVER BRONCOS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS *** Week 16 Christmas

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Mods/Admins: If this thread is not okay for main forum, feel free to move it to General NFL - but I figured I'd make one for main forum since this is the biggest non-Dolphins game related to the Dolphins we've seen in years.

320px-Denver_Broncos_logo.svg.png
@
320px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png

Arrowhead-Thumb--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

at Arrowhead Stadium
Kansas City, Missouri

PLAYOFF WATCH
389px-NFL_playoffs_logo_new.svg.png
242px-Miami_Dolphins_2013_Logo.svg.png

With a Denver Broncos loss, the Miami Dolphins will clinch a playoff berth in the AFC

TELEVISION

Sunday_Night_Football_on_NBC.png

NBC National Broadcast

Play-by-Play Analyst: Al Michaels
Color Commentator: Cris Collinsworth

Kickoff at 8:25 PM ET

WEATHER

54laZP5.png

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 9pm and midnight. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 37. Breezy, with a south wind 19 to 24 mph becoming southwest 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
National Weather Service Kansas City/Pleasant Hill - forecast for Arrowhead Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS

ESPN/STATS LLC
NFL.com Video

[video=youtube;34Na4j8AVgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Na4j8AVgA[/video]

So there's a Denver fan acquaintance of mine who occasionally sends me memes about the Dolphins not being in the playoffs for a while.

If the Broncos lose tonight, there will be vengeance. I will be warming my feet by the blaze that was once the Broncos playoff chances, posting the first of many offseason memes over the next several months.

KC clinches spot with Steeler win and has less pressure on them to beat Denver. Still can catch Raiders for Division which gives them something to play for

KC clinches spot with Steeler win and has less pressure on them to beat Denver. Still can catch Raiders for Division which gives them something to play for

It's more than that. The Chiefs can still get the #2 seed and a 1st round bye. They're going to be motivated.

This is awesome bro, thanks for taking the time out. Merry Christmas Everyone!!

So glad this is the night game. Finish up all Xmas pleasantries, kick back and watch some fins relevant football!

Miami will inflict great suffering and pain upon NE next weekend.

Go DENVER! I want that 5th seed spot!

(No, I am not insane. I want Miami ascending on their own!)

I would guess that if KC loses, our playoff probability will drop down to something like 30-40 percent.

I'll be at a Christmas bash with like 40 people including many kids. There is a small TV in the corner of the shed we'll be partying in and you best believe this game will be on

I would guess that if KC loses, our playoff probability will drop down to something like 30-40 percent.

I think it depends on how many starters NE sits next week. Also the Raiders can still beat Denver even with Carr out injured. If NE is resting players Miami likely has a 60% chance of winning. And the Oakland/Denver game would still be close to 50/50. With the Raiders still in play for home field the Patriots might go all out, but unlike last season with Denver, I don't think the Patriots are worried about possibly playing the AFC championship game in Oakland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say we clinch with what the other guys do (KC, etc.) and position ourselves with what WE do.

45 years ago TODAY all of S Fla. was pulling for the Dolphins against the Chiefs in the Longest Game.

Today we are all Chiefs fans.

I say we clinch with what the other guys do (KC, etc.) and position ourselves with what WE do.

45 years ago TODAY all of S Fla. was pulling for the Dolphins against the Chiefs in the Longest Game.

Today we are all Chiefs fans.

Nope. Today we are not all Chiefs fans. I want Denver to win. I will not be the only one, either.

KC this week then Rivers atones for the Cleveland game. Accomplishes same thing with no worry of missing the playoffs. And actually I think Rivers against KC is a better bet than Oakland without Carr against that Denver D.

Back
Top Bottom