Game Tickets Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Tickets Question

banzaitrey

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am coming to Miami for my first Dolphins home game vs Ravens. I thought I remember a board on here where folks would post tickets they had for sale. I would prefer to avoid the outrageous fees associated with ticket broker sites.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am also planning attending my first home game this year vs the Ravens. Aside from the best way to acquire tickets, are there any suggestions out there on where to stay while in town?

I don’t live in the area anymore but the neighborhood near the stadium is not the best choice for lodging. Commute or Uber/Lyft. I recall someone saying there was tailgate package involving the rideshare companies

I like staying in North Beach. It's not too terribly far but still have access to great restaurants and other things to do.

Outsiders perspective here but Miami isn't really a football city. It's more of a thing to do Sunday afternoon before you leave and go to the beach at halftime (after it rains of course).

In all sincerity, it’s worth monitoring the ticket sites leading up to the game, fees or no fees. I went to the Jags game last year (ugh), and nearly bought $70 tickets a couple months out. Three days before the game, I bought seats in the same section for $25.

I don’t anticipate a lot of sell-outs this year.

In all sincerity, it’s worth monitoring the ticket sites leading up to the game, fees or no fees. I went to the Jags game last year (ugh), and nearly bought $70 tickets a couple months out. Three days before the game, I bought seats in the same section for $25.

I don’t anticipate a lot of sell-outs this year.

This seems like the best way to get tickets for the lowest possible price.

I am also planning attending my first home game this year vs the Ravens. Aside from the best way to acquire tickets, are there any suggestions out there on where to stay while in town?

I live in the Washington D.C. area and travel to south Florida once a year to see a game. We've stayed at the Seminole Hard Rock and Margaritaville, both in Hollywood Beach. We like both but prefer Margaritaville as it's a really nice hotel right on the beach (perk for my wife). We normally fly into Fort Lauderdale airport and take an Uber to the hotel...it's really close. We also Uber to and from the game.

As for purchasing tickets, I normally wait until the day before or morning of the game and then purchase my tix on Stubhub or SeatGeek. As Goat mentioned above, ticket prices usually come down right around game time.

I live in the Washington D.C. area and travel to south Florida once a year to see a game. We've stayed at the Seminole Hard Rock and Margaritaville, both in Hollywood Beach. We like both but prefer Margaritaville as it's a really nice hotel right on the beach (perk for my wife). We normally fly into Fort Lauderdale airport and take an Uber to the hotel...it's really close. We also Uber to and from the game.

I live down here, and you are all MUCH better off staying somewhere in Broward (Hard Rock, Margaritaville both fantastic options) than trying to stay close to the stadium

In the past few years waiting with the purchase of tickets was a good strategy. Since we haven't been successful or expected to be any good lots of people didn't go. It can change though. A decent run, some good games (like in 2016) and tickets will be scarce.
Usually in the last 10 years the opener was a good bet to wait with the ticket purchase. But buyer be aware: it is the Ravens. Their fans travel well.

The other intangible is Rosen. If he tears it up in the offseason and looks superior in the preseason games and is announced the starter I expect a run on the tickets for the home opener. Everybody wants to be there when we start a new era.

Back
Top Bottom