Games we would have won with RT17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games we would have won with RT17

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamblk

Club Member
Reaction score
1. First Jets game no doubt this one is distorted as we simply had no offense (see comment below)

2. London game vs New Orleans
The defense held Brees in check to only 3 points in the first half and Tannehill would not have thrown a pick at the six-yard line on the opening drive. The offense was horribly out of sync once again and put the Saints in easy scoring positions.

3. Tampa Bay Game for sure even with the poor officiating. We win it.

4. First Bills games we had Jay Cutler play his worst of the year and we still had a shot at the end.

5. Second Bills game not even a question we had our third string QB and we still had a shot to win.

Final Record 11-5 possibly even 12-4 if one of the games I did not mention featured a better offensive performance.

Now for those who are saying Ajayi was the sole reason for the Offense success last season do not really understand how a pro offense works. The reason Ajayi was able to rush for all those yards is Tannehill was just enough of a threat so teams spread the defense enough and did not fully stack the box. Ajayi was actually subpar in many games last year and we still had a 10 -6 record. A QB needs a solid running game to win playoff games and Superbowls ask Dan Marino, John Elway and Peyton Manning. Even New England runs a hybrid running game with short shot passes to slot receivers and running backs. Teams
finally started to see RT17 was a threat to the deep passing game and it opened up the running game.
THE DIFFERENCE was his deep ball accuracy improved. See last year game against San Diego. So when Matt Moore came in last year we barely missed a beat as he is a very good deep ball passer.

Going into this coming season Kenyon Drake will be the perfect back to Tannehill even more so than Ajayi so I think we are going to be fine with RT17 this year. Him, Stills, and Landry are close teammates and Parker is too talented, RT17 play will help him develop more.

Last year would have been Tannehill's second year in this offense. We were 1-4 but once Tannehill was able to execute the offense his passer rating went up and we started winning games and made the playoffs. Last season and this season is proof positive we need RT17 as our starting QB.

Miami gave away the Oakland game with penalties. The officials stole the Tampa Bay game from the Dolphins. That's two wins the team should have had with Cutler, who played very well versus Oakland.

You make some great points. That interception against New Orleans was such a momentum killer. The Dolphins had driven the ball down the field and that was just such a poorly thrown ball. Hard to say whether or not the team wins it with Tannehill or not.

Personally, I think Tannehill might have been worth about two extra wins. But it's also very possible with the play of the offensive line that he would have missed some time, much like Cutler did.

1. First Jets game no doubt this one is distorted as we simply had no offense (see comment below)

2. London game vs New Orleans
The defense held Brees in check to only 3 points in the first half and Tannehill would not have thrown a pick at the six-yard line on the opening drive. The offense was horribly out of sync once again and put the Saints in easy scoring positions.

3. Tampa Bay Game for sure even with the poor officiating. We win it.

4. First Bills games we had Jay Cutler play his worst of the year and we still had a shot at the end.

5. Second Bills game not even a question we had our third string QB and we still had a shot to win.

Final Record 11-5 possibly even 12-4 if one of the games I did not mention featured a better offensive performance.

Now for those who are saying Ajayi was the sole reason for the Offense success last season do not really understand how a pro offense works. The reason Ajayi was able to rush for all those yards is Tannehill was just enough of a threat so teams spread the defense enough and did not fully stack the box. Ajayi was actually subpar in many games last year and we still had a 10 -6 record. A QB needs a solid running game to win playoff games and Superbowls ask Dan Marino, John Elway and Peyton Manning. Even New England runs a hybrid running game with short shot passes to slot receivers and running backs. Teams
finally started to see RT17 was a threat to the deep passing game and it opened up the running game.
THE DIFFERENCE was his deep ball accuracy improved. See last year game against San Diego. So when Matt Moore came in last year we barely missed a beat as he is a very good deep ball passer.

Going into this coming season Kenyon Drake will be the perfect back to Tannehill even more so than Ajayi so I think we are going to be fine with RT17 this year. Him, Stills, and Landry are close teammates and Parker is too talented, RT17 play will help him develop more.

Last year would have been Tannehill's second year in this offense. We were 1-4 but once Tannehill was able to execute the offense his passer rating went up and we started winning games and made the playoffs. Last season and this season is proof positive we need RT17 as our starting QB.

I agree Tannehill would have improved the chances in 5 games, but WIN 5 games? I think not. 2-3 is more likely.

Some serious silly stuff here. Fantasy land? Dungeons and dragons stuff in this thread. Someone wake up from a shrooms trip to enlighten us on what could've been?

Come on people. Delusional rantings are sad.

I said previously...you can look at the results and easily envision 10-6...possibly 11-5 in my opinion.

The quarterback position is critical...that's why we should draft a QB at some point in the next draft.

I can easily see us winning 10 games if tannehill was healthy. Our qb play was absolutely atrocious this year. While I don’t view tannehill as a savior, he would have made every facet of the team look better. The defense would not have been on the field as much, the passing game would’ve been vastly improved which in turn would elevate the running game. We can’t teally say what games we would’ve won if tannehill played, but surely we would have a better record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom