Gardener Quickly Draws Interest (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gardener Quickly Draws Interest (merged)

Gardener is out of the country right now. It's not like he called him into his office.

Unless Gardener's willing to take the minimum, I don't see him signing anywhere soon. Now on top of the back concerns, he'll be considered a risk to team chemistry. Teams seem to be more relunctant to take a chance on those types, i.e. Cris Carter and Michael Westbrook.

gardener will count $6.1M against next years cap

just read it in saturdays edition of the palm beach post in the article dolphins release gardener...also kffl says that the packers and bills maybe the frontrunners for gardener...i really hope he doesnt sign with a division rival...next years cap hit is brutal but at least we have all year to deal with it and then its over with...i really hope we can sign sam adams with the money we just saved or a linebacker or even a wide receiver...

did we try to trade gardener???

do you guys think we tried to trade him?...the way the cap works,the bonus would still count $6.1m against our cap next year...the team trading for him would be responsible for his base salary...they also could renegotiate his contract once they made the trade...i think that we probably tried to trade him but no one wanted to take on his contract...i wonder what kind of draft pick we could have gotten for him???

Re: did we try to trade gardener???

I have not heard anything about trying to trade him, but seems like we did not. I w/b difficult for another team to take on his 2.6 mil cap figure for 2002 at this point in the year and since he just renegotiated, it may be tough to expect him to do so again so soon. Lastly, the injuries are certainly a major deterent to give up a pick unless it was conditional.

sure this has been posted, but from Alex http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...olphins20jul20.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Dolphins cleared $2.6 million in cap room by releasing Gardener and registered a net cap saving of $1 million, as Williams is slated to earn $1.65 million in 2002.

The Dolphins are trying to free more cap space by negotiating a restructured contract for Williams, a seven-year veteran from Wake Forest. The 6-3, 280-pound Williams started 27 games the past two years for Carolina.

Back
Top Bottom