Garnett to Boston | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garnett to Boston

I'm loving this trade actually. :lol:

Any special reason why? I'm a Pistons fan, and I'm somewhat less than thrilled that there's a new contender for the Eastern Conference title. Maybe a favorite if they make a shrewd addition or two.

boston is gonna murder people ray allen is not close to being done he IS IMO the best shooter in the game and when u give him KG get out of here plus paul pierce come on now if u dont say they are a contender then ur just bein hard headed and foolish the only thing they have to worry bout is there bench now they need to find some udonis haslem's nitty griity type players and they got the conference.... by the way im a major heat fan just incase anyone thought otherwise im glad to see the east get stronger bout freakin time.

If the Cavs can dominate the East with just Lebron, how can the Celtics not be an early favorite not to win the East? Who cares who else they get? Hello......Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, AND Kevin Garnett.....they should dominate easily!

Listen, I love the Celtics and would like to see nothing more than them become relevant again but I still have issues calling them title contenders.

This was a great move by them, Ainge did exactly what he said he was going to do when he took the job. He dismantled an overachieving ECF team, brought in young talent and then moved it for a veteran.

This move makes them EC contenders for sure, but I'm still very concerned about how this team is going to stop people. They aren't going to have a problems scoring, but you don't win alot of games in this league by outscoring people 120-119. Oh and Doc Rivers is still the coach. Hopefully Pierce, Garnett, Allen and any additional veterans they bring aboard will lead this team instead of Doc.

its obvious you've been hating on the celtics for this trade since before it even happened, saying it was impossible to happen; AND THEN IT DID. now your saying your not shaken at all? boston is now a top 4 seed in the east. KG is the 3rd best PF in the game, it is a big deal and it makes them so much better in a weak eastern conference. its a big front office move for them also. i am by no means a celtics fan, i can give a crap about them, hell they are probably on the bottom half of my list as far as support. but they are now a force to be messed with. so please just stop hating man.
Only reason why I said it won't happen is because every season the Celtics have these type of rumors of star player being traded to Boston, and it hasn't happened since yesterday, so why should I even beleive it anymore? It's not because I didn't want it to happen. I really can care less.

I swear on my great grandmother's life I am not at all shaken by this trade. :kick:

Only reason why I said it won't happen is because every season the Celtics have these type of rumors of star player being traded to Boston, and it hasn't happened since yesterday, so why should I even beleive it anymore? It's not because I didn't want it to happen. I really can care less.

I swear on my great grandmother's life I am not at all shaken by this trade. :kick:

If you can care less, then you must care too much. Go back to school.

You swear on your great grandmothers life? Over a basketball team? That is pathetic.

The more and more I read your posts in this thread the more and more excited I am about the Celtics chances this season. Keep em comming.

Listen, I love the Celtics and would like to see nothing more than them become relevant again but I still have issues calling them title contenders.

This was a great move by them, Ainge did exactly what he said he was going to do when he took the job. He dismantled an overachieving ECF team, brought in young talent and then moved it for a veteran.

This move makes them EC contenders for sure, but I'm still very concerned about how this team is going to stop people. They aren't going to have a problems scoring, but you don't win alot of games in this league by outscoring people 120-119. Oh and Doc Rivers is still the coach. Hopefully Pierce, Garnett, Allen and any additional veterans they bring aboard will lead this team instead of Doc.

Doc's job just got 100x easier.

Man, Boston gave up a bunch in this trade. All I know is they had better win the title within the next 3 years, because they pretty much traded away their future for the next 5 or 6 years. If they don't win it, there won't be anywhere on God's green Earth that Ainge will be able to hide from Celtics fans...

They probably should have held on to one of the players other than Jefferson (there wasn't going to be a deal without him included) or one of the draft picks. Man that was alot for one guy...

Well they've been rebuilding for a few years now and the iron is hot. Might as well give up a lot of a few years at contending. Only problem is they might end up where they started in 4-5 years and go through it all again.

so they pretty much got a good chance... considering Shaq breaks down quite often lately.

Shaq breaks down because he doesn't stay in condition... at least he didn't the past couple of seasons. By all indications, he's actually getting in shape.

SpurzN703 said:
How many times has Miami won the Eastern Conference?

How many times have Wade and Shaq been healthy?

If you can care less, then you must care too much. Go back to school.

You swear on your great grandmothers life? Over a basketball team? That is pathetic.
Nice, contridicting yourself with a "go back to school" to bash me over a comment I made about basketball, seems just as "pathetic" as as that quote I made.

But it doesn't get more pathetic then going 21 years without a championship. I guess things are getting really desperate over there in Boston. :lol:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh..... Right. :goof::goof::goof:

Anyway back to reality, bodog.com has he team at 7:2 odds to win the EC from 45:1 odds 2 days ago (even more of a spread when looking at winning the title like 90:1 to 9:1).. That'll make the season a bit more entertaining for those ppl who put out some random bets..

boston gave up alot yes, they gave up a conditional pick they got from minnesotta originally for the davis deal, and their first round pick. and guess what? if they somehow miss the playoffs and somehow get a lottery pick, the pick is still bostons. and if they contend which they should do, itll be a late 1st round pick which isnt worth much in the NBA, everyone knows the difference makers in the draft go no later than the 7-10 picks. and boston was in the laughing stock of the league, so they didnt have much to loose. alot of people hated when miami made the deal for shaq. ill never forget all the bashing riley got for that one. but guess what? the heat got their ring, so it worked out. and boston still isnt a favorite for a title, but they sure as hell can be a threat to any team in the league.

Back
Top Bottom