gary meyers of ny daily news predicts phins in super bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

gary meyers of ny daily news predicts phins in super bowl

J

jd13

he predicts the dolphins to make it to the super bowl against the eagles...he even has the score:eagles 24 dolphins 20...he also predicts ricky to rush for 1500 yards...he says look what emmitt,stephen davis and tomlinson did with norv as offensive coordinator...

i agree totally.. alought... i dont want williams to rush for that many yards..... i still want a 1st round pick

It depends. I'd give the 1st rounder if we're faced with a situation where Ricky's got close to 1500 yards, its the second half of the season closer against New England with a bye week on the line, and we're up by 7 points and desperately need to run up the clock and do what it takes to stay ahead...

Basically I think there's very little you can do to control the 1450-1500 distinction. If it happens it happens I guess.

I agree with you reasoning ck...but hopefully Ricky will do enough damage either early in games, we get a lead and he can be spelled. Or, we do enough damage through the air to where Rick is killing the clock at the end. Even though I feel if we pick in the mid to late 20s of round 1 it will be a waste...We may be able to trade it or get (maybe) a solid player at that spot.

I would like us to still have that option. It seems like lately we are giving up a lot of our draft picks, and I feel if we continue to do so, in the long run the team will suffer. Afterall, most teams re-stock through the draft, not trades or FA signings. That causes cap hell.

I agree - we need to build early leads ag. weaker teams like Detroit so that Wanne can use Minor or Edwards to spell RW and kepp him fresh. Of course, RW has an incentive laden contract so he will only appreciate that sooo much, but I am sure he will understand based on "the trade"

Hey if we win the Super Bowl I could care less if Ricky rushes for over 1500 yards. So what we lose another first round pick, but it will be well worth it if we win a Super Bowl. It's not like in Basketball where we can have a dynasty for 3-5 straight years and make it to the Super Bowl every year. As long as I see the Fins win a Super Bowl before I die I could care less about First Round picks, Salary cap issues etc. I want a Super Bowl!!

Originally posted by chambers84
Hey if we win the Super Bowl I could care less if Ricky rushes for over 1500 yards. So what we lose another first round pick, but it will be well worth it if we win a Super Bowl. It's not like in Basketball where we can have a dynasty for 3-5 straight years and make it to the Super Bowl every year. As long as I see the Fins win a Super Bowl before I die I could care less about First Round picks, Salary cap issues etc. I want a Super Bowl!!
that is true, if... ;)

Originally posted by phins054
I agree with you reasoning ck...but hopefully Ricky will do enough damage either early in games, we get a lead and he can be spelled. Or, we do enough damage through the air to where Rick is killing the clock at the end. Even though I feel if we pick in the mid to late 20s of round 1 it will be a waste...We may be able to trade it or get (maybe) a solid player at that spot.

I would like us to still have that option. It seems like lately we are giving up a lot of our draft picks, and I feel if we continue to do so, in the long run the team will suffer. Afterall, most teams re-stock through the draft, not trades or FA signings. That causes cap hell.

How would it be a waste to have a late 1st round pick? Ray Lewis was picked at like #25 overall. Even if we lose our 1st round pick, we'll still have a 2nd round pick, and a lot of our starters were 2nd rounders.(Madison, Chambers, Surtain, Wade)

SUPERBOWL FINZ...................

normally, i would be downplaying this kind of prediction, from anyone. but, if the stinkin' new england patriots and bill billipuke can win a championship with that boring team and that worthless qb, anything can happen!!

now, i do not think we will get anywhere near the superbowl this year, [injuries and a decline in defense will be the culprits], but after the pats miracle we could be in there this year, who knows!

:monkey: on the pats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by dolphan39
I agree - we need to build early leads ag. weaker teams like Detroit so that Wanne can use Minor or Edwards to spell RW and kepp him fresh. Of course, RW has an incentive laden contract so he will only appreciate that sooo much, but I am sure he will understand based on "the trade"

A key ingredient in the saga that is "The Ricky Williams Contract " -- is the fact that Ricky already has money. A lot. He signed two very lucrative baseball contracts (he was technically a walk-on football player here at Univ. of Texas, while a member of the Phillies org. ( the Peidmont Boll Weevils ... ), has numerous endorsements and has reportedly invested his money wisely. He wants (and will get a "better") contract, but he is not going to worry about $$ over wins.

Ricky ... ( a base-stealer not a power hitter BTW --- LOL)

Originally posted by chambers84
You totally stole my thunder chambers84! It's what it's all about... Super Bowl for a first rounder? YESSSS

Sporting News also has you advancing to the super bowl and losing to the Rams.

Originally posted by jd13
he predicts the dolphins to make it to the super bowl against the eagles...he even has the score:eagles 24 dolphins 20...he also predicts ricky to rush for 1500 yards...he says look what emmitt,stephen davis and tomlinson did with norv as offensive coordinator...
Does this guy take the DG release into account?

Back
Top Bottom