Gase is committing professional suicide | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is committing professional suicide

its his world and Ross is letting him run it. remember when Belichick cut Lawyer Milloy after the Pats won their first Super Bowl, he signed with Buffalo then Buffalo blew them out like 30-0 or something? Pats fans wanted blood, then they ended up building a dynasty.

i hate this trade, we gave up a star for pennies on the dollar...but maybe it will work. just hope Gase knows what he is doing and the team responds like they did last year when we dropped those scrub linemen.

The only way this trade makes sense is if something happened between Gase & Ajayi and there's no trust. Ajayi has had a rough first half of the season, but you see his heart when he's out on the field, even if it's just for an extra yard on a 3-yard gain. Our offense has been cursed since pre-season when we lost our QB. Oline has been horrible & a 3rd string qb definitely outweighs any blame that falls on the rb core. I'm really just ranting here because I'm not finding any sense in the trade.

Arrogant prick obsessed with the purity of his genius system. This is a pretty standard path for young OCs bumped up to HC and completely bought into their own hype. It always ends up in flames very quickly.
Agreed.

Obviously Gase has issues with Ajayi dating back to last year. Plus Ajayi can neither block nor catch nor stick to his running assignments. The real issue is the OLine rather than who is the starting RB.

A good analogy might be the Cowboys decision not to re-sign DeMarco Murray. Murray was replaceable given their OLine. Ajayi is probably in a similar caliber category of RB to Murray with Murray being a better all-purpose RB.

While I will miss Ajayi, he is not a top tier RB who is not expendable.

Arrogant prick obsessed with the purity of his genius system. This is a pretty standard path for young OCs bumped up to HC and completely bought into their own hype. It always ends up in flames very quickly.

See What I mean? Obvious when folks don't read all the source material and instead offer unfounded conjecture.

i'm not throwing gase under the bus for this trade...it's an rb....there are issues behind the scenes with his knee and time commitment (apparently).....

let's see how the team responds, and how badly this offense really misses the j train.

Gase is changing the team to the point where he wants players who buy into the team rather than being self absorbed and selfish. Ayai and Landry are holdovers. They were born and bred into the league under a coaching staff who allowed and rewarded slackers and locker room cancer.

See What I mean? Obvious when folks don't read all the source material and instead offer unfounded conjecture.

Give it a rest man. We just traded one of our most talented players away for peanuts after a 40-0 drubbing on national tv. Forgive us all if we don't share your blind homerism today

Gase is changing the team to the point where he wants players who buy into the team rather than being self absorbed and selfish. Ayai and Landry are holdovers. They were born and bred into the league under a coaching staff who allowed and rewarded slackers and locker room cancer.

This

I mean there are 2 ways this could go either it blows up in his face lile Joe Philbin or it works. With the Pats if you dont. Do your job or fall in line you are gone. Does this mean itll work for Gase? No.

Whether you like it or not at least he isnt using empty threats

The article is interesting, I didn't read the whole thing before. Sort of answers Stills getting paid and Landry not while many consider Landry more valuable. I don't blame Gase though, you have to follow the system.

You should already know most people that are complaining aren't going to read that article. Instead they're going to make threads entitled "Gase is committing Suicide" and "This Front Office is stupid" etc. If this stuff is true about Jay then good riddance..

I read it all and.....so what??.......Just about every team has prima donnas and malcontents. Key to being a successful team/coach is you have to find ways to address that or deal with it ESPECIALLY when you don't have talented people to replace them. You think Dez Bryant is a model player??.....Don't know about you but I'd rather have a talented player who is "selfish", demanding/wanting the ball all the time in the hopes of making something happen vs a dishrag mediocre one who sits back and never complains.

We've gotten rid of one of our marquee, hardest players.......maybe Landry next. Two guys who brought heart & fight to the team......possibly gone because they make waves. All great coaches have had players who were problems.......but the best ones find a way to turn them or smooth things over and not just kick them out. Gase's "my way or the highway" attitude will fail, especially in today's NFL where you have pampered athletes who want to have it their way and if they don't get it here, there's always somewhere else that will take them on as we see with Ajayi......not saying it's right, but it is what it is and Gase will either have to change or he'll be another in a long line of failures.

Look at Tom Coughlin.....a tough hard edged military style coach set in his ways......but, even he at an older age realized that he'd have to change and be more pacifying.....it probably killed him to do so but he did (putting his own ego on the side) and met with years of success with the Giants afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom