Gase Needs To Man Up And Atleast Give Loggains A Shot! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Needs To Man Up And Atleast Give Loggains A Shot!

ILfinfans85

Active Roster
Reaction score
Atleast try something different. Take a step back and refocus. Have his hand in it just like all head coaches but let someone help you!

Do we even know how much input Loggains has. I would think he helps with the first 15-2O Maybe move up top? anyway this question as been ask and answered by Gase NO

Last edited:
I don’t see it happening. I recall Gase saying something like “no, I’ll never give up playcalling. It’s the only part of the job I love doing.” iirc.

I’ve been calling for it since last year. He is just too damn imaginative, not enough simple plays that get 4-5 yards. A run off tackle from an under center snap. Use the under snap so the RB gets a head of steam when he hits the line. Use it for better play action opportunities. Simple 5 yard slants, hooks and crossing patterns. Especially with this banged up line. I just want to see some simple ball control then throw your cute little bubbble screens and misdirection passes to the flat every once in a while and how about a god d@*n screen?

He's really stubborn and it's going to cost him his job.

He needs to be an HC first and not an OC first.

Doing whatever it takes to put your team in the best winning position should be the goal.

Last edited:
There is a reason why most successful NFL HC aren't also a "/".
It's too hard to do even one job well enough let alone adding another title.

From an X's and O's perspective, how much time can Adam Gase put in tweaking, game planning, scheming, looking at tendencies, self-scouting etc as an OC AND an HC?

Compared to a pure OC only?

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest he can get more out of his team by focusing exclusively on his HC responsibilities and allowing the coordinators to focus on theirs.

I personally think that's worth an addition 1 - 4 games a season. Which probably means Gase makes the playoffs every year since he's been here.

There is a reason why most successful NFL HC aren't also a "/".
It's too hard to do even one job well enough let alone adding another title.

From an X's and O's perspective, how much time can Adam Gase put in tweaking, game planning, scheming, looking at tendencies, self-scouting etc as an OC AND an HC?

Compared to a pure OC only?

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest he can get more out of his team by focusing exclusively on his HC responsibilities and allowing the coordinators to focus on theirs.

I personally think that's worth an addition 1 - 4 games a season. Which probably means Gase makes the playoffs every year since he's been here.

There have been plenty of head coaches that also call the plays on offense. Just look at Sean McVay with the Rams. I would say he has made it work. The difference is McVay has better talent to work with and also knows how to call the right plays. Adam Gase isn't cut out to be a head coach and he wasn't even that good of an OC to begin with.

Atleast try something different. Take a step back and refocus. Have his hand in it just like all head coaches but let someone help you!
I agree 100% with you. Even if he (Gase) wants to remain the play caller, why not allow Loggains to call half of the plays during the game? I am SURE the offense would at least be less vanilla.

There have been plenty of head coaches that also call the plays on offense. Just look at Sean McVay with the Rams. I would say he has made it work. The difference is McVay has better talent to work with and also knows how to call the right plays. Adam Gase isn't cut out to be a head coach and he wasn't even that good of an OC to begin with.

You're absolutely correct here. I don't get to watch much of the Rams game, but when I do the offensive play calling and execution seem spot on.
Extremely talented team and that Todd Gurely, Wow!

I don’t see it happening. I recall Gase saying something like “no, I’ll never give up playcalling. It’s the only part of the job I love doing.” iirc.

I fixed it for you
I’ll never give up playcalling. It’s the only part of the job I love doing POORLY”

Gase trusts only himself in a such a fluid decision making process as play calling.

Since he does nothing with the defense or the ST's, giving up play calling would mean that, maybe he'll start acting like a HC?
But he won't do it.

Gase actually let Loggains call all the plays during one pre-season game and said that Loggains called a really good game. But unfortunately, that seems likely not to ever happen during the regular season. Too bad.

Back
Top Bottom