Gase's View of Landry's Ejection | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's View of Landry's Ejection

Sutton >>> Ridley

Ridley could be a faller IMO.
I like Sutton better too but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone. Probably to the Bears. If the bears don't take him then he could be there for us. Imagine 6'4 and 218 would work well in the red zone. I saw him get plenty of separation on tape as well. At last we'd be running an offense that could be high scoring instead of getting 5 yards a pop

Ozzy rules!!

They wouldn’t have pushed the ball to him that many times if he was incapable of handling it. Him not being re-signed would be the most agregious out of all of the players that have left Miami in the last few years.
I think everyone is aware that he can handle it but our offense has never been high scoring going thru him. Time for a change or else, we will continue to have a low scoring offense

Ozzy rules!!

I see no reason why Jakeem Grant won't be able to fill a large part of what Landry brings to the offense, with the added bonus of vertical speed. Bye Jarvis.

If Landry was told about his behavior and refused to change, does he have a lack of respect for Gase? Or was he punished in anyway for disregarding the head coach's directive? No consequences equals no discipline.

While I agree with the posts unhappy with Jarvis temper I strongly disagree letting talent like his walk on a team that is really not that talented. Time and again I read posts stating some of our former players is easily replacable in the draft only to see us flounder later with some draft pick or street free agent and see our former player blossom on another team. Sure you got a guy waiting in the wings like the Pats grab the pick and move on. Right now we have a QB coming back from 2 years of back to back injuries along with a oft injured starting running back along with huge issues with linebackers and more. Creating holes on thevsquad does not helpm

While I agree with the posts unhappy with Jarvis temper I strongly disagree letting talent like his walk on a team that is really not that talented. Time and again I read posts stating some of our former players is easily replacable in the draft only to see us flounder later with some draft pick or street free agent and see our former player blossom on another team. Sure you got a guy waiting in the wings like the Pats grab the pick and move on. Right now we have a QB coming back from 2 years of back to back injuries along with a oft injured starting running back along with huge issues with linebackers and more. Creating holes on thevsquad does not helpm
If we were scoring a lot of point running our offense thru him then I'd say that we have to keep him. But we've been running our offense thru him for 4 years and we're one of the lowest scoring teams in the NFL. I'm not saying it's hist fault. We just need to stop running the offense thru him and if we're going to do that then he should not get paid like a #1

Ozzy rules!!

They wouldn’t have pushed the ball to him that many times if he was incapable of handling it. Him not being re-signed would be the most agregious out of all of the players that have left Miami in the last few years.
I hear you but, it seems a common belief is spreading the ball around, and those other players haven't been there for us. On a more complete team he would not have as many touches. Yes he can play, no doubt there.

Receive it from behind by this "ORG" no thank you.
Back at ya -- tell the bloody truth about the org or leave!
BNF

I meant the players need to get behind the direction (org), not me and the fans. For me ya, the organization sucks a lot. Miami can't get away from Bullygates, powder nose coaches and basic drama. Players that leave the team the night before a game. Throw helmets around the field. Really sad. The truth is Miami sucks. What's your Miami truth?

The risk is running our offense once again thru a slow slot WR. I have explained this before but here it goes. With him as our #1 target we're running a dink and dunk having to go anywhere from 10 to 14 plays a drive in order to score a TD. Now as long as we score it doesn't matter how many plays we run and the defense gets to rest, right? But it's not that simple. Why do you think we don't score enough? Because when you run that type of offense too many things can go wrong. You'll get a dropped or a bad pass or an INT or a fumble or a penalty that kills the drive.

When you can get chunk plays then you don't need 14 plays to score a TD.....you only need 4 or 5 and hence it lowers the chance for a bad play that will kill the drive. How many times do we watch them driving and driving and then boom, a holding call.....or a drop or a bad pass and the drive is dead and we punt or settle for a FG. That's why I don't want paying him #1 money because as good as you think he is, he's holding the offense back. I'd be ok with him coming back but I don't want the offense running thru him. Do that and our offense will still have a hard time scoring enough points to win on a regular basis

Ozzy rules!!

Great post Danny. I agree with everything you said, but the facts you pointed out is not Landry's fault. He is doing his job as one of the best chain movers in the league. It's the rest of the pass catchers not doing their job. Landry is not supposed to be the chunk yardage guy on the team, that responsibility falls largely on DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, and maybe Julius Thomas, and known of them were consisitent. If they were, we wouldn't have to depend on Landry for everything in the passing game. I like Stills, but Parker and Thomas being nonfactors hurt this team A LOT.

I'm not opposed to moving away from Landry, but he is the most consistent in that group. Maybe Grant can step in as a slot, his hands wil hurt us sometimes, but his speed is a weapon. Landry has the best hands on the team, but they wouldn't have to worry about another "blowup " many on here predict will happen again.

I think everyone is aware that he can handle it but our offense has never been high scoring going thru him. Time for a change or else, we will continue to have a low scoring offense

Ozzy rules!!

It isn’t his fault the offense wasn’t high scoring. We’ll see though. Depending on Parker to un-bust himself will not work. Stills is the deep guy but still isn’t 100% consistent.

For the record.....I never said that it's Landry's fault that we've had a low scoring offense since he's been here. What I'm saying is that as long as you run your offense thru a slot WR you will never have a high scoring offense. No that is not his fault. The team has to run a different offense. I'd say they have tried by drafting Parker and trading for Stills but Parker has not become that #1 he's supposed to be. Stills has done his job as a #2 but he missed Tannehill this year. I have no problem with Landry coming back but paying him #1 money is totally dumb and I doubt he'll want to stay if you don't pay him as the #1 so.........imo he can go and we can draft another WR like Ridley or Sutton or we can take one in round two or 3 and play Grant on the slot. He won't make as many catches but he'd make more big plays that our offense really needs

Ozzy rules!!

That's exactly why he should have been traded at the deadline.

Agreed! However, I have to think they decided not to trade him at the time because they truly had intentions of signing him long term. Now, given the recent events they're not so sure anymore.

Everyone loves and understand landry's passion. But his recent behavior is really hurting the team. You're a team leader and have to set a better example than that.

Not to mention it adds to the image that the team and HC and FO are completely dysfunctional and have no control over anything.

Sidenote: Stuff like this doesn't help his personal life. Especially when it comes to allegations that he loses his temper routinely and potentially puts his love ones at risk.

BTW, you don't just disagree with me, you disagree with your former self. Here is a blast from the past:

http://finheaven.com/threads/mike-m...-10-qb-in-ryan-tannehill.309770/#post-6464576

The only difference is that I still believe what you wrote back then.

What is hilarious is that I responded to your post with this:

http://finheaven.com/threads/mike-m...-10-qb-in-ryan-tannehill.309770/#post-6464582

Throw back Thursday!

My position has always been he's a version of Dalton. Dalton has played well enough to go to the playoffs several times, as evidenced by the fact he's been in the playoffs several times. That said, I don't like Dalton, nor would I be happy if we signed him.

My position has always been he's a version of Dalton. Dalton has played well enough to go to the playoffs several times, as evidenced by the fact he's been in the playoffs several times. That said, I don't like Dalton, nor would I be happy if we signed him.

BS. You point blank called him a top 12 QB and clearly he has improved since then. Say you've changed your mind if you like, but don't pretend you didn't have him ranked exactly where I do.

Back
Top Bottom