Geniuses in New York | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geniuses in New York

Well our past is our past and it ain't pretty! With Dan and Rick running the draft there ain't NOWAY we go D!!!!

I wish i were a fly on the wall and could see the dolphin board on draft day.

As far as losing Rivers:

Teams i think are thinking QB in some degree:

San Diego (1)
Oakland (2)
Arizona (3)
NY Giants (4)
Washington (5)
Pittsburgh (11)
Buffalo (13)
Chicago? (14)
San Fransisco (15)
New Orleans (if Brooks is not signed) (18)

The first five play a significant role: If big Ben and Eli are gone in the first three, then you may have to start to worry cus Buffalo may want a future QB to take over Bledsoe and steal from us (thats why i wouldnt mind us giving them Ogun). Pittsburgh needs a QB and they worry me more. chicago and New Orleans are possibilities but not likely to pick him at that point. The thing that worries me is somone like Dallas who trades and moves in front of us , also green bay. But Phillip Rivers is a Passing QB all the way and teams like Dallas may not even care about him for that reason (Parsells is a run first kind of guy and never liked guys like marino as far as type of play).

Originally posted by finfan54
As far as losing Rivers:

San Diego (1)
Oakland (2)
Arizona (3)
NY Giants (4)
Washington (5)
Pittsburgh (11)
Buffalo (13)
Chicago? (14)
San Fransisco (15)

The first five play a significant role: If big Ben and Eli are gone in the first three, then you may have to start to worry cus Buffalo may want a future QB to take over Bledsoe and steal from us (thats why i wouldnt mind us giving them Ogun). Pittsburgh needs a QB and they worry me more. chicago and New Orleans are possibilities but not likely to pick him at that point. The thing that worries me is somone like Dallas who trades and moves in front of us , also green bay. But Phillip Rivers is a Passing QB all the way and teams like Dallas may not even care about him for that reason (Parsells is a run first kind of guy and never liked guys like marino as far as type of play).

Chicago and Washington both will not take a QB. Chicago has Rex Grossman and Washington has Patrick Ramsey. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and the Giants may think about taking a QB but they won't. Oakland probably won't go with a QB either. New Orleans certainly won't take a QB since Brooks isn't even a FA. I think SF will not take a QB in the first round as well.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Chicago and Washington both will not take a QB. Chicago has Rex Grossman and Washington has Patrick Ramsey. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and the Giants may think about taking a QB but they won't. Oakland probably won't go with a QB either. New Orleans certainly won't take a QB since Brooks isn't even a FA. I think SF will not take a QB in the first round as well.

thats what my friend said yesterday, but i thought Brooks was a FA? i thought i saw that. my bad, but one never knows when once they see some real potential. Chicago and others have had Bust QB's and if they dont see one ounce of bust written in Rivers, they may drop down a few spots and get him. You can never count that out. What has REx Grossman proved? IMO, you can neer have enough QB's in this league.

With that said, i think Rivers is ours at 20 but there are alot of people who saw what rivers did.

thats what my friend said yesterday, but i thought Brooks was a FA? i thought i saw that. my bad, but one never knows when once they see some real potential. Chicago and others have had Bust QB's and if they dont see one ounce of bust written in Rivers, they may drop down a few spots and get him. You can never count that out. What has REx Grossman proved? IMO, you can neer have enough QB's in this league.

With that said, i think Rivers is ours at 20 but there are alot of people who saw what rivers did.

Chicago took Rex Grossman in the first round last year. They won't take a QB in the first round two years in a row. Grossman will definitely start in Chicago next season.

As far as losing Rivers:

San Diego (1)
Oakland (2)
Arizona (3)
NY Giants (4)
Washington (5)
Pittsburgh (11)
Buffalo (13)
Chicago? (14)
San Fransisco (15)

San Diego has QB's D. Brees / D. Flutie - They need a WR opposite D. Boston. They also need some defense....

Oakland has QB R. Gannon and a youngster in M. Tuiososopo. Tui should get a chance very soon to compete for the strarting job. They're whole team is old, especially on the OL/DL's....

Arizona - This is a team that will take a QB. They will take one of the top two prospects.

NY Giants - They may take a QB too. I'm not sure though.

Washington - No. They have two decent young guys right now, and now under Gibbs, they should improve. The Skinz need a RB, and some defense....

Pittsburgh - Maybe. I'm not sure what Cowher has in mind right now, but the RB situation in Pittsburgh looks questionable IMO. The AZ / JB duo is reaching the end of the line. They could be the team that screws us....

Buffalo - I think the Bills want WR first. I think they need a better OL as well. They've given up over 100 sacks in the last two seasons. QB D. Bledsoe is getting unfair criticism in Buffalo, and I think Mularkey keeps him....

Chicago - No. They have their future QB, REX!!!!:D

San Fran - J. Garcia and T. Rattay. I know one thing, if T. Owens leaves San Fran, they will be going WR all the way....

New Orleans - They don't need a QB. They need defense. This team will be good once they start playing some defense. They're offense is fine....

I think the Phinz biggest threat here is Pittsburgh at #11. They could be taking the #3 QB on the draft chart, and that appears to be Rivers right now. He looked great last night, and that will help his stock rise on draft day. He'll go higher than expected after that performance.....

Dan and Rick may have to pull a draft day trade to get Rivers, but that's fine with me. I think he's going to be a very special QB....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

San Diego has QB's D. Brees / D. Flutie - They need a WR opposite D. Boston. They also need some defense....

Oakland has QB R. Gannon and a youngster in M. Tuiososopo. Tui should get a chance very soon to compete for the strarting job. They're whole team is old, especially on the OL/DL's....

Arizona - This is a team that will take a QB. They will take one of the top two prospects.

NY Giants - They may take a QB too. I'm not sure though.

Washington - No. They have two decent young guys right now, and now under Gibbs, they should improve. The Skinz need a RB, and some defense....

Pittsburgh - Maybe. I'm not sure what Cowher has in mind right now, but the RB situation in Pittsburgh looks questionable IMO. The AZ / JB duo is reaching the end of the line. They could be the team that screws us....

Buffalo - I think the Bills want WR first. I think they need a better OL as well. They've given up over 100 sacks in the last two seasons. QB D. Bledsoe is getting unfair criticism in Buffalo, and I think Mularkey keeps him....

Chicago - No. They have their future QB, REX!!!!:D

San Fran - J. Garcia and T. Rattay. I know one thing, if T. Owens leaves San Fran, they will be going WR all the way....

New Orleans - They don't need a QB. They need defense. This team will be good once they start playing some defense. They're offense is fine....

I think the Phinz biggest threat here is Pittsburgh at #11. They could be taking the #3 QB on the draft chart, and that appears to be Rivers right now. He looked great last night, and that will help his stock rise on draft day. He'll go higher than expected after that performance.....

Dan and Rick may have to pull a draft day trade to get Rivers, but that's fine with me. I think he's going to be a very special QB....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

I agree blitz, pittsburgh may be the biggest threat. they do have Ward and the michigan guy (my brain cant remember) and to have a guy like Rivers would make them a threat. thats why i am hoping they saw Jones at RB yesterday.

No Pitts has said basically trade up for Rothy or Henson and nothing else. They will most probably take a RB there and later Henson or go first for a CB and then later RB.

Guys don't worry Rivers isn't rated a top 15 pick. He is rated as a late 1st rounder, according to most scouts.

I wish i were a fly on the wall and could see the dolphin board on draft day.

I know that in previous years, the war room was filled with Heineken bottles. But that's about all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom