Geno Smith and pocket awareness | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith and pocket awareness

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
The dude has none - and the Jets should be looking to draft another QB in the first round next year. :lol: I thought Geno's body of work in the NCAA was quite impressive, and would translate to the NFL but watching him against TB and NE the dude is so laid back when it comes to the rush, he has no feel for that pocket... :idk: I was really shocked beacuse he has the intangibles to move around.

I don't think Geno has seen the best of a top NFL rush yet, and when he does it is gonna get ugly, like butt ugly (no pun intended Mark!)

Cheers to the Jests!!

Congrats, your dumpster fire beat the other dumpster fire today.

I look forward to seeing junc's scathing rebuttal tomorrow morning during regular business hours.

Winning or losing today has nothing to do with my original post...

You can't come to a conclusion about a guy 3 games into his career. Especially after 2 of those games have been pretty solid.

He stunk in 2 of 3 games. Did not see today's game, can't comment.

I haven't watched the game yet but watching the highlights I see the same things. Poor pocket presence and bad footwork. These are things that can be corrected with work but again, I question whether or not he'll put in the time or effort to work on it.

You should probably watch the games. He hasn't stunk...
He was bad overall in the Bucs game, the team was gifted a victory. He was godawful in the Patriots game. Don't even pretend that he wasn't. That 4th quarter was some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.

He was bad overall in the Bucs game, the team was gifted a victory. He was godawful in the Patriots game. Don't even pretend that he wasn't. That 4th quarter was some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.

He was not bad overall against the Bucs.

Since when is 24-38 for 256 yards 1 TD and 1 pick bad overall?

He was not bad overall against the Bucs.

Since when is 24-38 for 256 yards 1 TD and 1 pick bad overall?
He did enough to be decent but if you can look at him and not be concerned with his pocket awareness, footwork and accuracy, then you don't know what your seeing.

He did enough to be decent but if you can look at him and not be concerned with his pocket awareness, footwork and accuracy, then you don't know what your seeing.

All stuff that can be worked on. Every QB has things they need to improve on 3 games into their career.

At 2-1 and watching Geno play i've seen plenty of bad but plenty of good as well. And for a rookie QB, I will take it.

Back
Top Bottom