Georgia RB Todd Gurley suspended indefinitely | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Georgia RB Todd Gurley suspended indefinitely

Looks like a disgruntled memorabilia dealer just put an end to the college career of one of the best backs in the history of the SEC.

Nonsense rules + Incompetent NCAA = Nightmare for student athletes and Universities. Everyday they must walk through a minefield laid by the NCAA in the hopes that something doesn't blow up under their feet and destroy the hard work of so many.

It's astonishing how a kid can't make money off of his own likeness. But everybody else can. Students with academic scholarships are free to get jobs and make money while in school, athletes should be free to do the same. If signing autographs is the job they get, so be it. Gurley was on his way to a Heisman Trophy.

Either way, I don't think it affects his draft stock at all. Nor should it. These kids just have to know that the ol' saying "If you lay down with dogs... you'll get up with fleas" is true.

It's long past time these schools gave the NCAA the boot. If I were Georgia I'd probably play Gurley anyway and tell the NCAA to go pound sand.

Either way, I don't think it affects his draft stock at all. Nor should it. These kids just have to know that the ol' saying "If you lay down with dogs... you'll get up with fleas" is true.

It's long past time these schools gave the NCAA the boot. If I were Georgia I'd probably play Gurley anyway and tell the NCAA to go pound sand.

Probably a blessing in disguise for him. Gurley's got nothing left to prove. He'll be among the top backs drafted, if not the top back drafted. No real reason to continue risk getting injured. That Kenyan Drake break a couple weeks ago was as gruesome an injury as I've seen watching football.

Back
Top Bottom