Get A Little Fins Positivity Going By Watching Minkah's Pick-6 From Last Weekend. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get A Little Fins Positivity Going By Watching Minkah's Pick-6 From Last Weekend.

AnthonySabaNFL

Active Roster
Reaction score
Watch him fool Cousins into thinking this play is open. He is certainly one of our core young players to build around and it'll be interesting to see where he plays next season.

Free Safety, please!
Dont get the logic here, especially on that play where he's lined up at slot... The way teams are passing the ball these days, Minkah would get alot more opportunities at making plays like this playing from the slot than FS...

I remember an interview with Sam Madison many years ago when he said So and so was not coming in here and beat us .He was referring to the qb. He said we watched the tape and knew his tendencies. We KNEW IF WE STAYED HOME WE WERE GOING TO GET HIM TWO OR THREE TIMES.

I don't remember the game or the Qb but preparation is everything. He believed in the system and the tape does not lie. We don't have that on our defense right now .

Hopefully MR. Fitz can bring that back .

Dont get the logic here, especially on that play where he's lined up at slot... The way teams are passing the ball these days, Minkah would get alot more opportunities at making plays like this playing from the slot than FS...

I think the prevailing logic is to use him all over.

Mostly FS where he is facing the QB, not with his back to the action. Some slot CB.

He would likely be successful at boundary CB (he's a great player), but he wouldn't be as disruptive as he could be, and wouldn't be maximizing his impact on our defense.

I don't think full time slot corner was ever in the discussion (although he would probably be elite there). Too limiting for his talents.

Great play by Minkah. But third down screen passes are moronic plays. The OP hasn't been here very long. But I have emphasized that since joining this site in 2005. I had the advantage because for a couple of years I worked for a stats company where that type of situational trend was evaluated.

Minnesota was on the verge of ending the game at 28-0 until we got a fortunate questionable holding call on a long running play by Dalvin Cook deep into our territory. Then there was a pre snap penalty on 3rd and 10.

Now I got interested because 3rd and 15 allows teams to make all type of stupid choices. Sure enough, instead of a basic aggressive play the Vikings got scared and threw that flanker screen type of play. That played smack into Minkah's hands, based on his college tutelage. As I mentioned in Hayden Fox's game thread. Nick Saban at Alabama places special emphasis in attacking and wiping out those tunnel screen-type looks, after college teams started abusing them about a decade ago.

It's one thing to get beaten on a downfield dart. Saban respects those plays, as evidenced when Georgia did it numerous times in the SEC title game recently. Saban will be annoyed but not much reaction. However, when his defense screws up and surrenders yardage to a wimpy tunnel screen type of play, you'll never see a human being as red faced and livid as Nick Saban.

Look for that in the semifinal game against Oklahoma. Alabama will be prepared to defend those plays but that doesn't mean Oklahoma won't attempt them anyway. Should be many big plays in both directions when the Sooners have the ball.

Great play by Minkah. But third down screen passes are moronic plays. The OP hasn't been here very long. But I have emphasized that since joining this site in 2005. I had the advantage because for a couple of years I worked for a stats company where that type of situational trend was evaluated.

Minnesota was on the verge of ending the game at 28-0 until we got a fortunate questionable holding call on a long running play by Dalvin Cook deep into our territory. Then there was a pre snap penalty on 3rd and 10.

Now I got interested because 3rd and 15 allows teams to make all type of stupid choices. Sure enough, instead of a basic aggressive play the Vikings got scared and threw that flanker screen type of play. That played smack into Minkah's hands, based on his college tutelage. As I mentioned in Hayden Fox's game thread. Nick Saban at Alabama places special emphasis in attacking and wiping out those tunnel screen-type looks, after college teams started abusing them about a decade ago.

It's one thing to get beaten on a downfield dart. Saban respects those plays, as evidenced when Georgia did it numerous times in the SEC title game recently. Saban will be annoyed but not much reaction. However, when his defense screws up and surrenders yardage to a wimpy tunnel screen type of play, you'll never see a human being as red faced and livid as Nick Saban.

Look for that in the semifinal game against Oklahoma. Alabama will be prepared to defend those plays but that doesn't mean Oklahoma won't attempt them anyway. Should be many big plays in both directions when the Sooners have the ball.

I'm surprised other teams dont jump our screens like that. Those plays are an easy pick 6 when you know they are coming, and with us, you KNOW they are coming.

Back
Top Bottom