Get Out Of Rashad Jones Contract

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lecanto, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:36 PM.

1. Lecanto

Lecanto Active Member

Rashad Jones play has not justified his long term contract which is one of the highest contracts in the NFL for a safety. Thank you Mike Tannenbaum for another bad contract. I hated this contract when it was signed, and felt it was overly generous and that Tannenbaumas was only giving it to show he would reward existing players (vs. free agents). I am now hearing that if Jones is penalized for refusing to play, the Dolphins can void all of the future years of this bad contract. This guy quit playing - the cardinal sin in football. Yet Gase is siding with Jones? We luck into an opportunity of dumping this bad contract, and our stupid coach and front office don't seem to be taking advantage of the situation to help the team long term. The Dolphins continue to frustrate me year after year. Jones is a decent player, but he is not playing to the level of his contract. Then he quits on the team because he loses reps. Do other fans think we should try to get rid of Jones next year?

2. Manning

Manning Scout Team

If that $$ can be used for a good cb or DE yes.

3. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Agreed...now, if we could only get out of Tannehill's contract.

4. Manning

Manning Scout Team

I think if he's a June 1st cut it's only like 6 or 7 mil compared to 13 or 26 if he stays

5. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Finheaven VIP Donator

6. marino13zach54

marino13zach54 Well-Known Member

Is that true? His entire contract can become null and void because of Sunday?

That sounds off to me but I haven’t the slightest idea.

7. Lecanto

Lecanto Active Member

I found this on Bleacher Report:

Reshad Jones may have lost his $11.115M 2019 salary guarantee. A look at why his actual contract language could allow Miami to void the guarantee via @ClaytonFootball.

Miami Dolphins safety Reshad Jones pulled himself out of Sunday’s 13-6 win over the New York Jets during the first quarter after playing 10 defensive snaps. He was reportedly frustrated with the plan of rotating safeties in an effort to get 2018 first round pick Minkah Fitzpatrick more playing time. The nine-year veteran didn’t return to the game.

Jones has been playing through a partially torn labrum in his right shoulder, but his absence doesn’t appear to be injury related. He had been on the field for all 265 of Miami’s defensive plays since returning to the lineup after missing two contests during the latter part of September because of the shoulder prior to removing himself.

Head coach Adam Gase said at yesterday’s news conference that he and Jones were “on the same page” after a Sunday night meeting Jones’ initiated. Jones will not be suspended. He will play on November 11th against the Green Bay Packers. Gase indicated that any discipline Jones might be facing would be handled internally.

The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) allows the Dolphins to fine Jones for up to four weeks salary for conduct detrimental to the team. This type of fine would cost Jones as much as $215,294.

Unfortunately you had to pay to see the rest of article, which I have not done.

Subscriber-Only Content

We’re sorry, but you must be a subscriber to view this content.

8. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

My biggest concern is why the fan base can't seem to spell his name, we've got two threads with the exact same mistake :)

9. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Was just about to post this

10. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

LOL, I had to google it myself to check that I was spelling it right all these years.

11. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Gase won't do it. He's trying to save his job and he's got to feel that people are disillusioned with the way the team is being run, from a coaching standpoint.

12. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy...and let it fly." Finheaven VIP Donator

Why are you yelling Lecanto?

13. Jests_Hater

Jests_Hater Mr. Irrelevant Finheaven VIP

If this is true wouldn't it be so typical Dolphins not to take advantage of the gift? A way to get Minka on the field for every snap and getting out of a bad contract for an older, often injured guy...nah.

14. steveo style

steveo style Scout Team Donator

Guy is one of the best safeties in the NFL and has been playing injured. Cutting him would have been unfathomable at the beginning of the season. Everyone needs to calm down.

15. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

This continues to be the problem, coaches trying to save their jobs.....This creates even bigger issues.