Getting sick of this | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting sick of this

MVP awards are nice and all but the Jets are more concerned with winning games and Sanchez is doing the minimum necessary to achieve that goal... that's all that matters.

The Jets lost to Baltimore in part due to Sanchez (and others) not doing the minimum to win.

I'm sure he would gladly trade that award for the Lombardi trophy.

So throwing no picks makes you the Offensive MVP?? Even though most of his play has been average but hey he has no picks so he's the MVP, lol you must be a JEST fan. I guess M.Vick will have a say in this MVP talk as well!

Your version of great is so blurred, he has played well and managed to hang on to some wins thanks to your defense and ST's. And yes completion percentage has alot to do with the quality of QB play thus used when judging performance.

By your accounts T.Dilfer was the MVP of Baltimore's Superbowl run, good luck with that arguement!

8 TDs to zero picks is pretty damn impressive especially considering one of the games was in a monsoon and most of the incompletions were a result of drops the other night. Favre in his first 3 games had a comp % of 62%, the other night it was 41%. sanchez in his first 4 games was at 58% and the other night he was at 48%. I'm not sure you guys realize just how hard it was raining the other night.

Michael Vick was certainly in the discussion before he got hurt. I would say after 3 weeks he was in the lead.

I love the excuses, our D has been average at best. All we heard going into our SN game was how great your D was and what did he did against that D while our D was getting torn apart?

I guess Chad henne is bettert han sanchez b/c he has a better comp %, never mind the Jets O scoring alot more or the 3 more TDs or 5 less INTs or the ability late in games to lead TD drives it's all about comp %. I guess Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards are better too.

What does the underrated Trent Dilfer have to do w/ this argument?

As of right now he deserves it. The Jets are getting it done right and now and fins FO wait until it is thrown down their throats to change something. I just hope my prediction that Jets are going to fall apart at the end of the season ends up right.

And for the record Mark>Henne you know why because Mark and company are winning games esp. the important ones F*** the other stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 TDs to zero picks is pretty damn impressive especially considering one of the games was in a monsoon and most of the incompletions were a result of drops the other night. Favre in his first 3 games had a comp % of 62%, the other night it was 41%. sanchez in his first 4 games was at 58% and the other night he was at 48%. I'm not sure you guys realize just how hard it was raining the other night.

Michael Vick was certainly in the discussion before he got hurt. I would say after 3 weeks he was in the lead.

I love the excuses, our D has been average at best. All we heard going into our SN game was how great your D was and what did he did against that D while our D was getting torn apart?

I guess Chad henne is bettert han sanchez b/c he has a better comp %, never mind the Jets O scoring alot more or the 3 more TDs or 5 less INTs or the ability late in games to lead TD drives it's all about comp %. I guess Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards are better too.

What does the underrated Trent Dilfer have to do w/ this argument?

I love your ability to try to twist your garbage ways of arguing points. If completion percentage was everything then 28 other QBs in the league are better then Sanchez, but of course I never said that. The league leaders in completion percentage happen to be Brees, Brady, Romo and Manning but I guess that's just a coincidence that their the top QB's in the league!

Nice to see you blame drops for his completion percentage because I never brought up the drops that defenders have had for easy picks against Sanchez. I guess I can use them in my arguement aswell then.

Look I never said Sanchez is not playing well, he's just not playing at an MVP level. But I guess after watching last season and Sanchez throwing picks all over the place you would think this year he's playing lights out!

Ravens and Steelers are better than the Jets. Miami just blows ATM. Ravens and Steelers will be battling all year for best team in the NFL.

I love your ability to try to twist your garbage ways of arguing points. If completion percentage was everything then 28 other QBs in the league are better then Sanchez, but of course I never said that. The league leaders in completion percentage happen to be Brees, Brady, Romo and Manning but I guess that's just a coincidence that their the top QB's in the league!

Nice to see you blame drops for his completion percentage because I never brought up the drops that defenders have had for easy picks against Sanchez. I guess I can use them in my arguement aswell then.

Look I never said Sanchez is not playing well, he's just not playing at an MVP level. But I guess after watching last season and Sanchez throwing picks all over the place you would think this year he's playing lights out!

Those names are great but Brees isn't playing great football, he's been struggling so thank you for confirming my point about comp %. David Garrard is #6 on the list, you think he's playing like the 6th best QB?

He made some bad throws too(although the one almost INt should have been PI as the Jets receiver was pushed in the back which caused him to miss the ball) and he had a bunch of drops in awful weather which dropped his % drastically just as it did w/ Favre.

Every QB has potential INTs dropped.

He is playing at an MVP level right now and he's a major reason his team has the best record in the NFL despite a very difficult schedule while missing a number of key players for most of those games.

He's leading our O to 26 PPG, he has 8 TDs, he has ZERO INTs, his best weapon at WR has missed 4 of the 5 games, he led us on that great late drive to push the lead to 8 at Miami and led another great drive which should have ended the Minny game the other night but our "great" D allowed Minny to march down the field in seconds to get another chance.

I am not saying he deserves to win but he belongs in the conversation after 5 weeks. Will that continue? I don't know but he belongs as of today.

Ravens and Steelers are better than the Jets. Miami just blows ATM. Ravens and Steelers will be battling all year for best team in the NFL.

Well you just mentioned the best top 3 teams in the league.. Does it really matter who are better than the Jets when they are top 3.

The Jets are right there w/ both of those teams. keep in mind we played awful against Bal and lost by just one point.

What a
malechicken-1.jpg

this is one of the most homeristic posts I have ever read. He has a +100 QBR and hast turned the ball over not once. As it stands, he IS a candidate for MVP.. Wasnt Chad a candidate in 2008? Is DS having a similar season this year as Chad had that year.. Actually, in comparison with the 2008 Chad, the 2010 DS has really outperformed him. The unrealism on this board is hilarious..

Don't know what's so homeristic about noticing how the media is trying to make this guy look like something he isn't, and they've been doing it for quite some time now so it's becoming quite annoying...it's also obvious that he's being carried by the rest of his team and he has some really good players around him on O...that aside, i have nothing against the guy, and if he truly deserves the award by the end of the season, then by all means give the man what is rightfully his.

To this point in this season he is an MVP candidate. I understand that you hate him and maybe he doesn't keep the good play up but as of today he is a deserving candidate.

No, I don't hate him, or any other player in the league for that matter...I was just trying to point out the obvious fact that it's 2 early in his career and in the season to name him an mvp candidate.Sure, he's been playing well lately, not causing turnowers and all, but he also isn't getting a lot of throws and he doesn't need to because the d has been doing its job.We've yet to see what he does when it's time to put the team on his back or lead a 4th quarter comeback.When these situations come around and if he still won't throw picks, then we'll talk.

Dolphin fans need to end their obsession with the Jets. Worrry about your own team.

No, I don't hate him, or any other player in the league for that matter...I was just trying to point out the obvious fact that it's 2 early in his career and in the season to name him an mvp candidate.Sure, he's been playing well lately, not causing turnowers and all, but he also isn't getting a lot of throws and he doesn't need to because the d has been doing its job.We've yet to see what he does when it's time to put the team on his back or lead a 4th quarter comeback.When these situations come around and if he still won't throw picks, then we'll talk.

What does it being too early in his career have to do w/ anything? he's playing as well as any QB in the league on a team that has the best record. he's clearly a deserving candidate, that doesn't mean he should win but through 5 weeks he is a legit candidate.

He hasn't led a 4th qtr comeback but in 2 games he has led a dagger drive for a TD late in games- at Miami and vs. Minny(though our D tried to give it away).

Back
Top Bottom