Gimmick? Trickery? These things the Wildcat is not. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gimmick? Trickery? These things the Wildcat is not.

FinsBlood75

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How can analyst, other teams and their coaches consider The WildCat trickery and a gimmick? Since its introduction it has been run 120x for 791yrds and 9TDs for a 6.6 yrds per carry average (this info was taken from the Miami Herald) So if you know its going to be used, its not a secret, you have a chance to prepared and defend against it....how is it a gimmick or trickery. It has become a staple in our arsenal of plays and we have the personnel to accomplish it in an extremely effective manner. It is used whether it is working that day or not.

Definitions:
Trickery
1. the use or practice of tricks or stratagems to deceive; artifice; deception.
2. a trick used to deceive.

Gimmick
1. an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, esp. one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.
(dictionary.com)

Wouldn’t all plays in the NFL be considered trickery? All plays are used to deceive...you want people to think your doing one thing and you do another.

Now it may be a gimmick to other teams who cannot execute it properly...then again they have only ran it a hand full of times, thus it is not a staple in their game plan.

I’m just rambling...because I’m tired of it being an excuse for teams when we beat them with it combined with other plays. It’s not the only play we run....and its not the only way we get touchdowns.

I want to see other thoughts on this, to include fans of other teams.

You know its coming….its not being hidden from you...if it’s high school Mickey Mouse crap then why cant it be stopped. Is it called Trickery and Gimmicks when you cant stop it? All your team has to do is stop it. Its not some sort of unstoppable force. The Wildcat has been slowed down before and even completely shutdown before.

I believe our overall run game will become extremely effective this year due to the emergence of Henne. If he continues to play at the same level he has, he (as we have seen) is a viable deep threat and short yardage threat. Before with Penny (Love em) he wasnt going deep to often...so opponents could load the box and keep us from first downs. I feel this last game was a true turning point and I really look forward to the rest of this year.:up:

Back
Top Bottom