Girly pics in avatars | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Girly pics in avatars

WharfRat said:
I couldn't have stated it any better than these two did.
The crux of it is... that is the policy, and it's been the policy for at least a year. It's not like it's a new concept here. You can either choose to live with it, or not.

Man, you sound like you're getting upset. I merely asked a question.

It is what it is, and i'm fine with that.

KuD said:
Man, you sound like you're getting upset. I merely asked a question.

It is what it is, and i'm fine with that.

I'm not upset at all.
Yes, you asked a question, it was answered. I just couldn't understand why you kept asking... :confused2:

:wink:

I'm not a computer guy, but is there a way to have an adult option for the site? I mean is it possible to have an option where if "turned on" all curse words would be blocked and when you make an avatar you could make an adult one, and be blocked from the ladies lounge? I would turn it off because I like bad words...it makes you cool. Just a thought

Slacker said:
I know that I am not an avid poster, in fact this is my first, but I am a daily visitor to this site. The conversation in the boards is normally very good. I do, however, have a complaint about some avatars and sigs that come up from time to time. You, as mods, do a very good job on keeping on top of this, but I do see some pics that are a little too risque for my liking (see d-day, mor911, etc). I realize that there are people out there that closely associate sex with sports, but there are also those of us that don't. Please keep those things in the Ladies Lounge, some place I choose not to go. After reviewing the TOS, this is a standard anyway.

The lamblasting will start now, but I just wanted to voice my opinion to make this a better site for those like myself (just for the record, no, I don't like guyly pics either, just my-wifely pics).
Wow, I know it is the TOS, but it this guy makes this complaint... then never posts again! 2 total posts. Seems a bit weird to me. Not to mention the topic of the posts... to each his own!

NaboCane said:
Sorry, but one person's standards shouldn't supercede the good judgment of the managers of this site - who have done a great job at making these decisions in the past.

The managers who run this site, wouldn't it still be one persons standards? IMO the only way to make it more than that would be to vote on these things. if 900 site members think mor should be able to keep his sig, but one member, or one manager finds it "offensive" than how is that fair.

Slacker said:
I know that I am not an avid poster, in fact this is my first, but I am a daily visitor to this site. The conversation in the boards is normally very good. I do, however, have a complaint about some avatars and sigs that come up from time to time. You, as mods, do a very good job on keeping on top of this, but I do see some pics that are a little too risque for my liking (see d-day, mor911, etc). I realize that there are people out there that closely associate sex with sports, but there are also those of us that don't. Please keep those things in the Ladies Lounge, some place I choose not to go. After reviewing the TOS, this is a standard anyway.

The lamblasting will start now, but I just wanted to voice my opinion to make this a better site for those like myself (just for the record, no, I don't like guyly pics either, just my-wifely pics).

I think you should have to have more then 2 total posts to complain about anything. In your opinion, making the site enjoyable for your standards will help make it enjoyable for all of us? Thank you for telling me what to think/feel/enjoy Herr Slacker.

There is an option to turn of Av's and Sig's...use it. This complaint sounds a lot like people who whine about sex and violence in movies, music and T.V. and think we should all adhere to THEIR standards.

You have an opition to turn off things that offend you. You also have another option if something offends you....don't look at it/watch it/listen to it/surf that site.

This sounds like it is edging towards censorship....I.M.O. people should self censor. NO ONE is forcing you to look at or do anything you don't want to do.

unifiedtheory said:
I think you should have to have more then 2 total posts to complain about anything. In your opinion, making the site enjoyable for your standards will help make it enjoyable for all of us? Thank you for telling me what to think/feel/enjoy Herr Slacker.

There is an option to turn of Av's and Sig's...use it. This complaint sounds a lot like people who whine about sex and violence in movies, music and T.V. and think we should all adhere to THEIR standards.

You have an opition to turn off things that offend you. You also have another option if something offends you....don't look at it/watch it/listen to it/surf that site.

This sounds like it is edging towards censorship....I.M.O. people should self censor. NO ONE is forcing you to look at or do anything you don't want to do.

Agree with you 100%. but if you don't change your avatar i bet his 3rd post will be complaining about you.

I for one think the TOS needs to be modified. should a sig or avatar have nudity or a sexual act in it? No, this is a family site and i'm sure there are some younger fin fans that come here. but at the same time mor911 sig and your avatar unifiedtheory are not bad. I mean who has not seen a woman in a swim suit, and most womens underware cover just as much as a swim suit. plus like it was stated before you can turn them off.

unifiedtheory said:

Well said and completely agree.

Slacker I hope your an animal rights activist also, because for every animal that you dont eat, Im going to eat 3. :D

godfater21 said:
The managers who run this site, wouldn't it still be one persons standards? IMO the only way to make it more than that would be to vote on these things. if 900 site members think mor should be able to keep his sig, but one member, or one manager finds it "offensive" than how is that fair.

It makes sense in terms of its fairness if you understand where you are, the nature of the place, and its rules.

This site isn't governed by any one person, it is governed by a group of people who act in concert to oversee the site in accordance with its Terms of Service.

No one person sets arbitrary standards based on their own views. But, as with any organization worth a damn, there are rules - set in accordance with a desire for a healthy environment for the site's purpose - and all are expected to abide by them. That's where the group of Moderators and Administrators comes in. Mods and Admins that volunteer their time to keep this site clean for everyone.

It's always healthy to have discussion of specific issues, but it's unproductive to simply b!tch or to suggest changes in the core structure of the site's management.

Back
Top Bottom