Give It Up For Matt Turk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give It Up For Matt Turk

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We forget about how well he's been playing. Had another solid game yesterday. 7 punts and no returns whatsoever (although one was barely a touchback). Turk may not kick them super far anymore. But he kicks them way up high and doesn't outkick the coverage, hence little or no returns. And NO SHANKS.

Definitely fixed that position midseason.

And don't forget that 5 of the 7 were inside the 20. He was awesome yesterday.

I agree, when you punt as much as we have this year with minimal casualties, Turk does deserve some credit. On the other hand, when we will ever return a kickoff or a punt for a TD. The last one I remember was Fulton Walker..circa early 1980's...

Originally posted by phintech
I agree, when you punt as much as we have this year with minimal casualties, Turk does deserve some credit. On the other hand, when we will ever return a kickoff or a punt for a TD. The last one I remember was Fulton Walker..circa early 1980's...

O.J. McDuffie had at least 2 punt return TDs in 1993.....but after that I don't know. I think the last kick-off return TD was in 1988, but I could be mistaken.

Turk played very well yesterday.
Of course, he had a lot of opportunities...

Good point Muck. Turk has been doing a great job. :beerbang:
Our best punter since...dare I say, Reggie Roby? Where has he been anyway?

Originally posted by Muck
We forget about how well he's been playing.

i can appreciate him even more now that he's back, but i cannot understand why they let him go in the first place...and royals was as instrumental as anyone last year in our failures, and i'm not just talking about the NE game...he was worthless all season.

Considering how crappy the line is and that it seems like someone is ALWAYS an inch away from blocking the punt, Turk is doing a GREAT JOB!

Turk left via free agency because he was asking for close to top dollar. He admits it was a big mistake, as he hated punting in the swirling winds of Giants Stadium.

Also, Jeff Ogden took a punt to the house against Green Bay in 2000.

Re: Re: Give It Up For Matt Turk

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

i can appreciate him even more now that he's back, but i cannot understand why they let him go in the first place...and royals was as instrumental as anyone last year in our failures, and i'm not just talking about the NE game...he was worthless all season.

It was all about $$$.....Turk wanted more than the Dolphins wanted to pay.

Originally posted by Muck
Also, Jeff Ogden took a punt to the house against Green Bay in 2000.

Yes, it was against the Packers. Green Bay got up 17-0, then Miami ripped off 28 unanswered points and ended up winning 28-20.

Turk played well, even in the face of some significant pressure. Definately throw a Game Ball his way.

That's right. Ed Reed almost blocked three punts. Actually, he blocked one that was stopped on a penalty.

Wait a minute. I dont remember this many guys in Matt Turk's corner when we were dicussing replacement punters before Royals was fired?

I'm just glad he's back.

Back
Top Bottom