Give It Up For Matt Turk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give It Up For Matt Turk

Originally posted by DolphinzD

O.J. McDuffie had at least 2 punt return TDs in 1993.....but after that I don't know. I think the last kick-off return TD was in 1988, but I could be mistaken.

Last KO return for a TD was Marc Logan, 97 yards, Oct 1, 1989
at the Oilers, in a blowout loss (39-7) similar to the recent Titans game. Only score for us that day was this return and the pat.

Originally posted by Muck
We forget about how well he's been playing. Had another solid game yesterday. 7 punts and no returns whatsoever (although one was barely a touchback). Turk may not kick them super far anymore. But he kicks them way up high and doesn't outkick the coverage, hence little or no returns. And NO SHANKS.

Definitely fixed that position midseason.

The Turk move really turned out to be a great decision. He had one punt inside the 10 and another could have been downed on the 1 but McKnight missed it.

Unfortunately or Fortunately, depending on how you see it...Matt Turk has been our most consistant player the last few weeks along side Morlon Greenwood. Two very under appreciated guys.

anyone remember the first kick off return by a Dolphin? I cant remember the name, but I can tell you when and who they played...

:clap:

Did I just applaud our punter? Wow, how times have changed to point out the good things. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Turk also seems to have the tenacity to put a lickin' on whomever is returning the punt if he has the opportunity

Originally posted by Snickersbps
anyone remember the first kick off return by a Dolphin? I cant remember the name, but I can tell you when and who they played...

Joe Auer ran the opening kickoff back 95 yards for a TD in the first game the Dolphins ever played.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Wait a minute. I dont remember this many guys in Matt Turk's corner when we were dicussing replacement punters before Royals was fired?

I'm just glad he's back.

it's not like anybody here is related to turk...we just wanted to see a competent punter on the roster.

Im loving the optimism in this thread :smilie:

Turk is really playing well.

I'm not afraid anymore when we punt the ball. If I could say that about our passing game and running game...
:cry:

Back
Top Bottom