Give the ball to Konrad more | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give the ball to Konrad more

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Hand it off to him on 3rd and short. Maybe that quick hit handoff to a FB would be effective.

Its funny how we never see that.

I mean granted he is no Alstott carrying the ball, but he could get some positive yards and move the chains.

Why would you give the ball to Konrad? I am sure he is a decent enough full back but when you have one of the best running backs in the game you give the ball to him, running the football is an attitude where you line up and you tell defense what you are going to do and you do it and drive the ball down thier throats! Konrad on a quick hitter time to time to catch the defense off balance sure I can believe that but I put the ball in the hands of the guy that is making all the money and is expected to get those short yards.

We should send Konrad left while we fake a Ricky sweep to the right. With teams going straight after Ricky it could get some really good yardage.

I would like to see them throw to him more. He is much more effective catching than carrying.

Originally posted by pats4life
Why would you give the ball to Konrad? I am sure he is a decent enough full back but when you have one of the best running backs in the game you give the ball to him, running the football is an attitude where you line up and you tell defense what you are going to do and you do it and drive the ball down thier throats! Konrad on a quick hitter time to time to catch the defense off balance sure I can believe that but I put the ball in the hands of the guy that is making all the money and is expected to get those short yards.

A 3.3 ypc carry hardly qualifies as one of the best this year. I will give you durable, to have over a 1000 yards at that avg. and be on pace to crack career carries is tough on a RB that has "O" line problems. IMO, Is Wanny over relient on RW and is wearing the guy down ?? Maybe

i agree, i think they should throw to konrad more out of the backfield, hes has good hands and its a good change of pace, i think with his blocking and pass catching ability he is one of the best fullbacks in the league

Originally posted by pats4life

The problem being is that we don't even hand it off to him from time to time. If RW is in the backfield we either give it to him or throw it. That is it. No imagination, no trickery. That is fine when we have an overpowering OL, but we don't and we need to change it up every now and again to keep D's honest.

Konrad is not a xxx and short back. Minor is more of a power back then him, frankly. He should be getting the ball more, but he's not near a traditional FB.

The idea is using Ricky as a decoy. I like the idea of making Ricky one way and having Konrad go the other. Better yet have split backs with Minor and Ricky and create all sorts of mis direction.

The linebackers would have fits with that. Both backs must be shown respect.

hehe..
ive been saying to use konrad more for years.. not for hand offs, but more for short passes.. hes has also made very crucial blocks that help the sorry o-line.. especially at the end of the washington game, where he clearly made a giant hole for ricky to run through.. i think he is the most underappreciated and underutilized player on the team.

Dave isn't wearing Ricky down.

If anyone is wearing Ricky down it is Ricky.

It's been said numerous times that Dave lets Ricky come in and out when he wants. That's the reason why I don't think all these carries are going to affect his career for the most part..obviously Ricky isn't having a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom