Given up for dead! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Given up for dead!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
What I find funny :roflmao: is people who are giving us up for dead.Im one of those people who believe we'll be a better team instead of a 1 man show due to all this.Ricky was good but without passion it wont carry through the grind times when needed.If Miami gets 1 of the following players: O. Smith,Bennett,Larry Johnson,or even stick with Minor I feel we will be unpredictable for teams to play us.

finregime,

I'm with you. Our O was so damn predictable. We will have to use all of our weapons on O now. Is the "talent" of this team better without "Ricky Who" I don't think so. Ricky was a franchise player...but can the "team" be better...yes!!! This is the ultimate "team" sport...maybe just maybe this team finally begins to play like a team...a unified team. The "D" is the heart of this team...no doubt. Our "D" will keep us in games...now its time for CC and D-Bo to step up. In "Travis I Trust"...Minor has a lot to prove...I think he signed the 1 year tender and he becomes an unrestricted free agent next year...so he has a lot to play for...no doubt!!!

We will be the "under-dogs"...everyone has us "for dead" even when we had Ricky...we are not expected to do anything...which is good!!!

I'm with you...and out of those RB you mentioned...LJ or MB would be nice...the others...I don't think that they're better than T. Minor!!!

Go Fins!!!

We are not better off. At least not at this point. Our team si designed to work wround the running game and Wannspeil said yesterday that that philosophy will not change.

If Minor and the others are not up to par, and we can not get a quality back, we will not have that running game. This is not to even mention the unproven offensive line and QB.

Losing Ricky is a disaster of epic proportions and we will be lucky to see .500 this year.

yea, the dolphins will be better without Ricky. The only thing that can stop them is if the Peyton Manning retires from the colts.

I agree with fin-atic. He's right. We need to pull off something to mitigate the numbing effect of losing our star running back. How can we get Marshall Faulk or Edge right now? Short of that we're dangling our you know whats in a piranha tank. Ouch!!!!

how are we not at least the same?

Our powerful running game with ricky has won us so many playoff games, man if it wasn't for a last second field goal in last years afc cham... wait a minute, what universe was I in?

Ricky and the running game did squat for us the last two years, and there is no sure thing that wanny would have changed enough of the offense to make it any different this year. At least as of right now, he has no fricking choice, he has to change it, because we have no pound it up the middle like bubba with a life sentence in a prison movie running back.

I don't think anyone has any idea how we will really do this year, which actually makes me more hopeful than ever before. I don't know what we can do, much the same way I don't know how good travis is going to be, but damn, I sure want to find out. lets rock and roll.

Wildbill3 said:
Our powerful running game with ricky has won us so many playoff games, man if it wasn't for a last second field goal in last years afc cham... wait a minute, what universe was I in?

Ricky and the running game did squat for us the last two years

What Ricky and his powerful running did for us was help sugarcoat the fact that we have almost zero offense on this team. We were successful enough with Ricky that people accepted our lackluster passing game and weak QB position.

In his second season behind a poor OL, we saw just how dynamic our passing game was. With Ricky gone, we get to see how good our passing game really is when there is no true RB threat. We will finally see what Fiedler is capable of without a true RB threat, and I don't think we are going to like it. While there is no way that Dave & Rick could have seen this coming, it helps point out why so many believed picking up AJ was a very premature decision. Now we are left to hope that AJ is the second coming of Manning, or that Fiedler will somehow elevate himself to a level of play that he has shown himself incapable of achieving so far.

This offseason is the worst of my lifetime, and it started all the way at the top with Wayne H. extending Dave's contract. The coaching/management debacle that ensued has cast a pall over this team, and I truly feel that this offseason will go down as the impetus for what will certainly be a fairly lengthy rebuild. I feel bad for Zach, Pat, JT, and Chambers and the rest of the guys who regularly give their all for a team that obviously has no direction.

There is alot of upside to the scenario; 1st I'll miss having Ricky b/c he was our only real image to others but his choice is his choice. 2nd-Im looking forward to seeing the truth whatever it may be exposed on our offense.I think with RW gone we will have to be out of Wannys mold and start gunslinging some with a BALANCED running game not just run on every down. 3rd- We have alot more Cap space for next season to stock some talent so that is something to look forward to.
We need to understand some people on this team won't stand for subpar!

I BELIEVE!

Back
Top Bottom