giving any inexperienced guys a start.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

giving any inexperienced guys a start....

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
to judge them for their entire career is not fair at all... everyone should know that 95% of inexperienced QBs will not be successful their first start or first couple, etc... could you really expect sage to play well in his second career start? be serious... now im not saying we should stick with sage cause i feel like hes nothing more than a career backup but the point is with any young inexperienced QB...

giving lemon one start to see what hes got is nothing... the evaluation process comes in practice every day and seeing the tools these players have over a long period of time, the coaches know what these players can do and will play them if they feel they deserve it... young players need time to lose before they can be successful... it takes time to become a good QB and unless the coaching staff feels like a QB has that potential to be great, that QB is not going to get the proper opportunity they need... one game isn't going to tell anything...

some people here need to realize that just throwing in one of these young guys hoping they turn into the next brady is like playing the lotto... most likely its not going to happen... we're stuck with what we got this season and lets ride it out... enough of these lets start _____ or lets pick up (insert backup or player out of the league)... lets do it right, draft a guy or trade for a young QB with upside and groom them and go from there...

oh quit making excuses the guy absolutely blew it! Has he no talent and will never be a starting quarterback in this league, hell after yesterdays performance he will be lucky to be a 3rd stringer somewhere. I bet his career is over, and rightfully so.

I do however agree it takes more then one shot, I just feel Sage has already been given more then his fair share.

msg said:
oh quit making excuses the guy absolutely blew it! Has he no talent and will never be a starting quarterback in this league, hell after yesterdays performance he will be lucky to be a 3rd stringer somewhere. I bet his career is over, and rightfully so.

I do however agree it takes more then one shot, I just feel Sage has already been given more then his fair share.

this is in no way a defense of sage, this is towards people who would expect sage to be the future and determine so after this game...

i dont care if sage threw for 300 yards and 3 tds... it still wouldn't have told about his future for us...

all im saying is dont think we can throw in any guy for 1 game and determine if hes the answer to all our problems... cause it doesn't work that way

arsenal said:
all im saying is dont think we can throw in any guy for 1 game and determine if hes the answer to all our problems... cause it doesn't work that way

No but the coaches can determine that through extensive practice and we need to understand that. Instead everyone says oh he never got a shot, no he just never got gametime. I personally believe if you suck in practice you will suck even worse in the game.

arsenal said:
the evaluation process comes in practice every day and seeing the tools these players have over a long period of time, the coaches know what these players can do and will play them if they feel they deserve it

umm thats what i said in my first post, haha...

Back
Top Bottom