Glad we won. But I am concerned... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glad we won. But I am concerned...

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it has been said, but I have to put it on the table.

Jay is not playing well this year. He has yet to have a decent game. If it wasn't for our defense and Ricky Williams we would have no shot this year.

It is absolutely obvious that he is the weakest link on this team. Today Norv did a superior job of gaming around Jays incompetence with reverses, screens, and the suprise run to Konrad.

But Jay is playing worse this year than any other year. Maybe the rest of the team is good enough to make up for it, but at some point he has to step it up or we will be home in December again.

I keep waiting for Jay to put it together. And I just keep waiting.

Pass protection is not where it should be and receivers are not getting open.Jay hasn't had a decent game?I disagree but he is not playing with the rhytem that he was before last year injury.I think is due to offensive line.Let's face it we have a very mediocre offensive line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus
Pass protection is where it should be and receivers are not getting open.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.
He's had plenty of time to throw and he's had guys wide open...he simply overthrows them. He is not passing the ball well.

Jay made the plays when we needed them! He got the job done!

Originally posted by RikWriter

He's had plenty of time to throw and he's had guys wide open...he simply overthrows them. He is not passing the ball well.

Plenty of time? No....

Even Simms mention the lack of time and receiver aren't open.

Originally posted by Puncho

Exactly...He is not asked to pass for over 250 every game just manage the game.

Originally posted by Puncho

Sorry, no. The defense got the job done, and several of our players made good RACs that got us into a position to win. I can count the good passes Jay made today on one hand.

I'm tire of Fiedler threads and I'm just going to ignore them.I won't talk about Fiedler or QB situation unless we don't make the playoffs and is due to Fiedler.Some fans are just bias and ignorant just like some Bills fans want Drew gone after this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by fin-atic
I know it has been said, but I have to put it on the table.

Jay is not playing well this year. He has yet to have a decent game. If it wasn't for our defense and Ricky Williams we would have no shot this year.

It is absolutely obvious that he is the weakest link on this team. Today Norv did a superior job of gaming around Jays incompetence with reverses, screens, and the suprise run to Konrad.

But Jay is playing worse this year than any other year. Maybe the rest of the team is good enough to make up for it, but at some point he has to step it up or we will be home in December again.

I keep waiting for Jay to put it together. And I just keep waiting.

I am a long time Jay supporter, but right now I have to agree, Jay's accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. His overthrows are leaving the receivers NO CHANCE of comming up with the Balls... Even though there were 3 dropped passes and the pass protection was marginal at best, Jay HAS GOT to start playing better than this...

He was high on an awful lot of throws today. He needs more time in the pocket and the receivers need to do a better job of gettin open but he never fails to throw 2 or 3 balls a game right into the opposing teams hands. Just so happens they don't always make the catches.

Originally posted by minus
Pass protection is not where it should be and receivers are not getting open.Jay hasn't had a decent game?I disagree but he is not playing with the rhytem that he was before last year injury.I think is due to offensive line.Let's face it we have a very mediocre offensive line.

You are definitely right about the O-Line. That's why Ricky didn't have any holes today. They are injured and marginal at best. But with that said Fiedler made some bad throws, again, when he had time. Even the announcers were wondering who Fiedler was throwing it to in the end zone. He had time and made a bad throw. Yes, the O-Line is definitely going to get its share of blame, and so should Jay.

Fiedler has been doing a great job this year. With the exception of week 1, He has been doing an awsome job.

Originally posted by RikWriter

How do you know he has guys open? You can't see what the camera doesn't show you.

Back
Top Bottom