Go Get Jamal Adams! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Jamal Adams!

kcbrown

Life is what we make it.
Club Member
Reaction score
Jets reportedly want a 1st and maybe one or two 3rd rounders.

We have our QB - so we really don't need a 1st rounder for a QB next year. I don't see the next Cameron Wake beast DE in next years draft either. So since we won't be going after Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields - I say give up a first rounder.

Other than the 2 QB's mentioned above - who is a better player than Jamal in next years draft?

Jamal provides HOF level Safety play IMO - he is a straight up beast.

We have the picks to give up, we have the money - let's do it.

Or do you all feel that we have spent enough in the secondary?

They want a first and a third round pick for him plus he wants to be paid as the highest paid safety in the league. The Dolphins are not one player away from being a playoff team and with the salary cap likely going lower if fan attendance is low or non existent during the season. The Dolphins can’t afford to sign him to a long term contract and he isn’t worth a 1st and 3rd round pick iMO.

Eh I'd love to have him, but I do not want to give the Jets a 1st round pick. His relationship with the Jets is headed towards a crash and burn, and I think he could be had for as little as a 2nd round pick going into next year. We are not in position to compete this year, so therefore holding off a year to make an attempt to get him would be in our best interest. Trading a first AND paying him $20+ million a year is not worth it THIS year, imo.

Besides, the Jets would overcharge us anyway being a division rival...

If we were a playoff team ready to compete for a Super Bowl I would say yes. But that's not the case. We wouldn't be able to afford that secondary with X and Byron Jones already.

I dont think the Jets trade in the same division. I like the bravado though. We cant look at the secondary’s cost this year. Howard, I think, wont be here for more than 2 years, including this.
What year is he in? Was his 5th year option picked up?
On another note, for Mia to have sustained growth, their business model has them needing their two #1s next year, with immediate impact players, and for cheap. As someone stated, if we were a safety away, even w the picks, you pull the trigger. I dont think the comp will be that high and I dont think anyone trades a 1st pick until they know what pick it is.

Remember when everyone on this forum - draft experts included - thought he was going to be a bum?

Good times

No. The reason is simple; there is a zero percent chance they deal an all-pro caliber player to a team in their own division. Grier would have to channel his inner O'Brien to put together an offer the Jets might even consider looking at.

Just use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a young safety next year. Or better yet grab one of the 2017 draft class safeties in free agency. For example the Colts didn't pick up the 5th year option on Malik Hooker so he sould be available next year. Adams might be the better player, but Hooker might come at a more reasonable price and you don't lose a draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom