Goal line play calling.. Lazor must go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goal line play calling.. Lazor must go

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
Last week we had 1st and goal at the 2 and proceeded to throw 4 straight passes and ended with a turnover on downs. Today we had, with the game still atainable miraculously, 1st and goal from the 3. We threw 4 straight passes and we're bailed out on a holding call which game us a new set of downs and again 1st and goal from the 2 now. First play a pass and an offensive pass interference call which now brought us back to the 11 where of course we again throw the ball another 3 straight times with the last one ending in an interception.

Lazor refuses to run the ball and for this we have no balance. He's a horrible play caller. If we can't run the ball 2 yards on 4 tries then let's just blow up this team. Yes Coyle is a horrible defensive coordinator but I believe even worse is Lazor as an offensive coordinator.

This entire coaching staff needs to go. There's is nobody within the division that could step in as HC which I believe is why Ross is refusing to let Philbin go. Unfortunately we have to wait till the end of the year to get rid of this fiasco. I can't bare another season of this. But we have absolutely no other options. You can't replace the entire coaching staff during the season.

Yea that play call where Jennings was wide open for a TD was terrible. Clearly Lazor is the reason we did not score there. That terrible play call lead to him having to make more terrible play calls.

Tannehill doesn't throw fades well. So why do we keep throwing them? I know the running game sucks but they don't even try. They can't do an option or a triple option or something? They can't do a roll out and use Tannehill's legs? Why do they use so many screens? Why do they have no answer to obvious blitzes? This guy needs to go.

Tannehill doesn't throw fades well. So why do we keep throwing them? I know the running game sucks but they don't even try. They can't do an option or a triple option or something? They can't do a roll out and use Tannehill's legs? Why do they use so many screens? Why do they have no answer to obvious blitzes? This guy needs to go.

You started out on the right track to answer your own questions, then you took a wrong turn.

You are correct to say that Tannehill does not throw fades well. Now consider that Tannehill really does NOTHING well aside from quick slants, screens, and comeback routes along the sidelines about 10 yards away. Now consider how that completely limits what Lazor can call. He makes a beautiful call that results in Jennings wide open and it gets NOTHING because the QB can not execute a simple throw.

Imagine having that handicap. What in the hell would you call?

The two WR screens at the 10 yard line were bad. The call to Landry was a good one, but the guy slipped. What can ya do?

You started out on the right track to answer your own questions, then you took a wrong turn.

You are correct to say that Tannehill does not throw fades well. Now consider that Tannehill really does NOTHING well aside from quick slants, screens, and comeback routes along the sidelines about 10 yards away. Now consider how that completely limits what Lazor can call. He makes a beautiful call that results in Jennings wide open and it gets NOTHING because the QB can not execute a simple throw.

Fades are one of the hardest throws in the football anyways. Especially ones to the corner. There's not a high percentage of completing those. But it's not calling them that's the problem. The problem is doing it multiple times in a row when it's not working.

Ding,ding,ding, yes

They have ZERO confidence in the OL being able to block well enough to be able to get a yard in GL situations. Hell, I don't trust them enough to not allow a rb to get tackled as soon as the ball is handed off. That being said however, 1st and goal from the 2 I still run Jonas gray at least twice to try to get those yards.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tannehill getting killed on the open pass to Jennings. Everyone is so convinced that Tannehill is the problem but I can't recall a QB ever getting hit so much by free rushers. And I'll ask it again does anyone in their right mind think the the Great Tom Brady would be successful in this Offense? Not only does Ryan get hit constantly his receivers fail to get open. When Ryan has time and open receivers he connects most of the time. So I think the phins should concentrate on giving him time and getting open. We are stuck with Tannehill and Suh anyways thanks to the generous contracts given by the front office this offseason.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Also Tannehill threw a nice fade to Cameron. Cameron just couldn't stay in bounds.

The plays were there. Tannehill just sucks. One accurate throw there in about 8 tries and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

All these clown coaches has to go. I'll give Tannehill 1 year. Needs a balanced team. All Lazor does is pass. Well that's not going to get it done. Very predictable. If we're going to pass every down no matter what. Even if we have a lead we're going to keep the other team in the game.

Name a qb that would perform any better behind this offense and play calling? Probably won't get a response you threw hott smelly garbage out after last weeks game and I asked the same and surprise surprise no response. Defending Lazor is the funniest thing I've seen or heard all day and I just watched the fins play this am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Tannehill is calling audibles? He should be give a few plays in the huddle and be able to call audibles at the line. It just seems like the whole offense is transparent.

His play designs are terrible. After that thread was posted during the week I've noticed the routes and protections more and OMG bush league.. Not only in the red zone but all over the damn field... And on the sidelines today he looked like a little boy that didn't know what he was doing

Back
Top Bottom