Going into the 2014 season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going into the 2014 season...

100% Dolphins

Starter
Reaction score
Going into the 2014 do the Fins as an organization have the most uncertainty as an organization? We started 2013 good, but had one of the worse finishes in team history...

Lets say we considered each individual team a stock. We were given $1000 to invest our money into a team.

As you know you don't make emotional decisions when investing.

So would you invest any money into the Fins?

Is there hope for this organization?

Who do you have faith in personally to turn this thing around?

Will Philbin finally break out of his shell ?

Will Tanny bring his game to the next level?

Will our o-line be improved?

Will we stop having off the field issues?

So many questions gents... as A fan all we can do is have faith, but given our track record the past few seasons, I wouldn't invest any money into this team (company).

- an un motivated fins fan

I'd put a little money on the Phins if they repair the O-line in the offseason. Not a lot of money...but a little.

I see our "uncertainty" to be right up there with the Falcons, Steelers, Giants and especially the Redskins, who all seriously under performed in 2013. You can throw the Titans and Texans in there as well. I'm sure their fan bases aren't happy either.

I think we have the tools to be a playoff team in 2014 and I'm cautiously optimistic. Ask me again after the draft and the FA period and hopefully my optimism will have grown.

I would need a healthy dividend. Looks quite likely we'll waddle around near the same NAV.

I think it's actually a very clear cut period in franchise history. Greatest uncertainty was entering the 1975 season, when we retained the bulk of the championship roster, and it was still a young team, but Csonka, Kiick and Warfield were gone along with questionmark at defensive coordinator after Vince Costello drew the ire of players and fans after replacing Arnsparger in 1974. Costello lasted only one season.

1. Hope - Yes, upwards trends for most football metrics with the exception of the OL. We lost our best OL in free agency, Jake Long, moved our worst OT from RT to LT and he couldn't handle it, then was replaced and about a week later went on personal leave ... then suspended our only pro-bowler and best run blocker, and yeah, we had no holes for the running game and the most sacks. But, other than our sieve of an OL, the rest of our team improved almost across the board. Grimes transformed our CB's, Patterson was very impactful when healthy, even Nolan Carroll played well. Our QB improved his red zone, 3rd down, and most other metrics behind that line. Lots of hope.

2. Who will turn it around - Well our defense went from the worst takeaways ever for a Dolphin unit to becoming a pretty solid defense, so if we re-sign Grimes and Soliai, I have faith in our defense and its leaders, and that includes Wake. Jordan can spell him and Vernon more and keep them fresh. On offense I think Wallace and Tannehill will improve significantly next year and if we get some good run blockers you will see Miller make a much bigger impact.

3. Philbin and his shell - No, I think Philbin will retreat more into his shell after the shellshock of our litigious player fiasco. Having Lazor and our new OL coaches should allow Philbin to show his ability with offenses.

4. Tannehill - Yes, he will improve. The timing will improve with Wallace leading to a lot more deep ball touchdowns and his numbers will jump up from that. Next level ... we'll see. If he makes steady progression like this season, I'll be very happy. He doesn't often make the same mistake repeatedly. He learns and improves ... and I like it.

5. O Line - It can't get worse, so yes, it will be improved with 4 or 5 new starters. I'm hoping we draft 3 high pick OL rookies and bring in 2 or 3 veterans to show them the ropes. This is the perfect time to blow it up and start all over with guys who work in both ZBS and power schemes and build Tannehill a line for his career. Get. It. Done.

6. Off Field Issues - This has been beyond embarrassing. It needs to end. Either clean house THIS OFFSEASON, or clean the front office and coaching staff and blow everything up next offseason.

Looking at what this team accomplished considering teams knew run/pass and our snap count, I'm impressed. In a down year for the Patriots, we outplayed them twice and only some seriously bad reffing prevented us from sweeping them. I don't think the Bills can sweep us again with Lazor and our new OL coaches. I think the Jets have shown they are there to be beaten, it's all about whether we show up ready to execute. This team looks poised to make the playoffs and clearly the second best team in our division. There will be a lot of bounceback teams his year, such as the Texans, Falcons, Giants, Buccaneers, etc., so we're not going to be the hot story, but we'll be there contending and winning a playoff spot next year.

Realizing this year's AFC playoff teams consisted of the Bengals (whom we beat), the Chargers (whom we beat), the Colts (whom we beat), and the Patriots (whom we beat and almost swept), and 2 teams we never played (Broncos and Chiefs), I don't think it is a matter of us simply lacking the talent. The NFC team is Seattle (whom we beat last year). This team isn't that far away.

Going into the 2014 do the Fins as an organization have the most uncertainty as an organization? We started 2013 good, but had one of the worse finishes in team history...

Lets say we considered each individual team a stock. We were given $1000 to invest our money into a team.

As you know you don't make emotional decisions when investing.

So would you invest any money into the Fins?

Is there hope for this organization?

Who do you have faith in personally to turn this thing around?

Will Philbin finally break out of his shell ?

Will Tanny bring his game to the next level?

Will our o-line be improved?

Will we stop having off the field issues?

So many questions gents... as A fan all we can do is have faith, but given our track record the past few seasons, I wouldn't invest any money into this team (company).

- an un motivated fins fan

Wouldn't invest a dime, too many questions not to mention as a fan Im too emotionally involved that's why my sports bets usually exclude the phins. I prefer college betting

Back
Top Bottom