Going to >> The 2006 NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going to >> The 2006 NFL Draft

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
OK I know we have gone over this before but I have some questions.

How many of you attended the 2005 NFL draft?

How many of you are considering attending the 2006 NFL Draft in NYC??

Is it in the Javitz center again this year?

Me and 2 of my friends are strongly considering going , what are our odds of actually getting in ?

We assume we would have to bring a tent or something and camp outside til the following day when they handout tickets, is this necessary?

We just want to get in and watch the 1st day.. Is it worth it ?

Thanks in advance

aiight here we go

I went with 3 of my friends a bucs fan a cowboys fan and an eagles fan we got in the city at about 9:00pm friday night went to the javits center looked around it was empty had the baracades all set up though. Met to 49ers fans wearing aaron rogers cal jerseys they were idiots told them that they would take smith they didnt want to hear it. we decided that we would go get some beer and food and come back, we came back at like 10:15 and there was like 20 people there so we hopped in line and it was a great night of football trash talking between cowboys fanz and browns fans strange majority I thought. Anyway it was a blast and the draft was great too. they let 500 people in and 500 weekend warriors. when u get your ticket its got a seat number so u can go get a meal or shower or do whatever befor they let people in at like 11 or 12. Im going for the weekend warrior way this year sty beginning to end both days and u get in next year without waiting in line.

Yeah my friends and I are most likely going to be there. I am the only Fin fan in the group. I'm from PA so it just so happens one is an Eagles fan and the other is a Steelers fan.

So our best bet is to get their the night before?

I'll pass....I can hear the dumb a$$ Jets fans yelling Jets-Jets-Jets just as well watching the TV on my recliner here in Colorado. :wink:

how much was it to get in??? and the draft is usually on a sat right????

YES i ADVISE NIGHT BEFORE AND IT IS FREE TO THE FIRST 500. IT WAS COOL LAST YEAR MY SEATS WERE RIGHT NEXT TO THE INTERVIEW ROOM SO I MET ALL THE PLAYERS THAT WERE THERE. ALL THE ESPN GUYS HAD TO USE THE SAME BATHROOMS AND EVERYTHING SO I TALKED TO MEL JOHN CLAYTON BURMAN cHRIS CARTER SALSBURY IT WAS GREAT. ALL THE JETS FANS WERE CHANTING FOR THE CORNER THEY GOT IN THE 3RD IN THE SECOND AND IT WAS FUNNY WHEN THEY HEARD IT WAS A KICKER. HAHAHAH

Ok, time for the facts.

I've been to about 6 drafts and intend on going again this year so here is the low down and some corrections to what has been posted. I was not able to go last year so some changes could have been made.

As a second option, if you get there and can't get in high tail it down to the ESPN zone, we did that one year and it was as good as being there. The place is packed with as many fans, ESPN does some remotes from there, and you can sit down and have a decent meal and drink while you watch on the big screens.

Is it in the Javitz center again this year?
It has not been announced yet what the location is for this year for sure. For years it was at the Theatre in Madison Square Garden (not the main Garden areana) however last year it was moved because MSG was against the Jets idea for a new downtown stadium. Radio City Music Hall has been mentioned a lot (See CBS article in post above) and it could move back to MSG, expect an official announcement shortly.

We assume we would have to bring a tent or something and camp outside til the following day when they handout tickets, is this necessary?
People get there early but I highly doubt the NYPD will allow you to set up a tent and camp out on the sidewalk. We usually get there by about 6:00 am and have been able to get in every year except one. Like I said I didn't go last year but in all previous years you would line up outside early in the morning and they would give out wrist bands, you then went and waited in a second line were as it got closer they would start letting in the people with wristbands in to get tickets, if you didn't get a wristband then you didn't need to bother waiting. I see bigtyme13 said you could get tickets the night before last year, if so that is new as in the past it was first come, first serve that day and it was way more then 1000 people that got in. I am thinking this might be because the Javitz Center was more limited seating or something. I'll keep my eye out on a few other boards that usually have details from guys in NYC and post what I find as we get closer.

We just want to get in and watch the 1st day.. Is it worth it ?
Yes, every true fan should go at least once. If you are a junkie and know a little college football it is even better.

how much was it to get in??? and the draft is usually on a sat right????
It is free, other then what you spend on food and drink, remember NYC is expensive. Draft usually starts at noon on Saturday but you need to be there in the early AM.

SwampDawg said:
I've been to about 6 drafts and intend on going again this year so here is the low down and some corrections to what has been posted. I was not able to go last year so some changes could have been made.

As a second option, if you get there and can't get in high tail it down to the ESPN zone, we did that one year and it was as good as being there. The place is packed with as many fans, ESPN does some remotes from there, and you can sit down and have a decent meal and drink while you watch on the big screens.

It has not been announced yet what the location is for this year for sure. For years it was at the Theatre in Madison Square Garden (not the main Garden areana) however last year it was moved because MSG was against the Jets idea for a new downtown stadium. Radio City Music Hall has been mentioned a lot (See CBS article in post above) and it could move back to MSG, expect an official announcement shortly.

People get there early but I highly doubt the NYPD will allow you to set up a tent and camp out on the sidewalk. We usually get there by about 6:00 am and have been able to get in every year except one. Like I said I didn't go last year but in all previous years you would line up outside early in the morning and they would give out wrist bands, you then went and waited in a second line were as it got closer they would start letting in the people with wristbands in to get tickets, if you didn't get a wristband then you didn't need to bother waiting. I see bigtyme13 said you could get tickets the night before last year, if so that is new as in the past it was first come, first serve that day and it was way more then 1000 people that got in. I am thinking this might be because the Javitz Center was more limited seating or something. I'll keep my eye out on a few other boards that usually have details from guys in NYC and post what I find as we get closer.

Yes, every true fan should go at least once. If you are a junkie and know a little college football it is even better.

It is free, other then what you spend on food and drink, remember NYC is expensive. Draft usually starts at noon on Saturday but you need to be there in the early AM.

holy crap im pissed i lived in the bronx 16 years and i never went to the draft... i did not know it was free...now that im in fl.. hell im going to this years...lol:D

thanks a lot. if anyone finds out where it is for sure please let me know.

Last year they gave out the tickets in the A.M. It was first 500. Ther other 500 were weekend warriors. If u didnt get in they gave you a number and let youinto the fan fest and let people in through out the day to keep the seats filled. This year Im going to be a weekend warrior so i dont have to wait in line the next year

biggtyme13 said:
Last year they gave out the tickets in the A.M. It was first 500. Ther other 500 were weekend warriors. If u didnt get in they gave you a number and let youinto the fan fest and let people in through out the day to keep the seats filled. This year Im going to be a weekend warrior so i dont have to wait in line the next year

I'm hoping that was just a product of having it in a much smaller Javitz Center then the MSG Theatre, if it ends up being Radio City Music Hall max capicity there is 6000 people, now obviously with the war tables and media that will be different. But the max capacity for the MSG Theatre was only 5600 so it should be as good or slightly better then what it was in the past.

How exactly do you get to be a "weekend warrior"

TO become a weekend warrior you gotta stay all the way thru day one then in the morning of day to they give u some kind of ticket that you cash in at the end of day 2 and then they give you tickets to next years draft. Basicallay gfotta stay for the whole draft both days

Back
Top Bottom