Gonna blame Wanny more | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gonna blame Wanny more

djfresh47 said:
That is garbage IMO. Dave was doing what he had to do to win games

Well I don't agree with your opinion, Dave wasn't doing what he had to to win games he was doing things his way (big difference) and that ment run the ball fifty times a game and instead of throwing long from time to time to loosen up the D at least making life for Ricky bearable, Dave instead ran the ball all day making Ricky the most overused player in the league. Thats poor coaching, if your doing what you have to do to win you don't make yourself one dimensional. C.Chambers, R.McMichael, M.Booker,R.Williams sounds like some firepower to me. I'd say we were witness to the worst coaching in the league the last five years. Wouldn't you??

Dave rarely did what was needed to win, if he had been doing so he would not have made all of these bone head trades and play selections.

nyjunc said:
That's nonsense, big time RBs always want the ball and don't make excuses when they get it "too much". Ricky has mental problems and is a pothead, Wannstedt desrerves NONE of the blame for him walking out on his team a week before camp- that's ALL on Ricky.

I'm agreeing with a Jets fan...I'm going to go run into traffic now because my life could be over.:tongue:

Buddwalk said:
For even making a wanny thread you should be :ban:

Granted we need another Wanny thread just like we need another Ricky thread, but a ban? If he's banned for this thread, then you may as well be banned cuz looking for compliments by linking that old post in your sig is just as lame.... :ban: :rolleyes:

feelthepain said:
Well I don't agree with your opinion, Dave wasn't doing what he had to to win games he was doing things his way (big difference) and that ment run the ball fifty times a game and instead of throwing long from time to time to loosen up the D at least making life for Ricky bearable, Dave instead ran the ball all day making Ricky the most overused player in the league. Thats poor coaching, if your doing what you have to do to win you don't make yourself one dimensional. C.Chambers, R.McMichael, M.Booker,R.Williams sounds like some firepower to me. I'd say we were witness to the worst coaching in the league the last five years. Wouldn't you??[/QUOTE]

Marty Morthinweig when he was in Detriot was worse, the worst coach i've ever witness was Richie Kotite. He never had Marty Booker and Williams on the same team so that "firepower," could not be used.

djfresh47 said:
feelthepain said:
Well I don't agree with your opinion, Dave wasn't doing what he had to to win games he was doing things his way (big difference) and that ment run the ball fifty times a game and instead of throwing long from time to time to loosen up the D at least making life for Ricky bearable, Dave instead ran the ball all day making Ricky the most overused player in the league. Thats poor coaching, if your doing what you have to do to win you don't make yourself one dimensional. C.Chambers, R.McMichael, M.Booker,R.Williams sounds like some firepower to me. I'd say we were witness to the worst coaching in the league the last five years. Wouldn't you??[/QUOTE]

Marty Morthinweig when he was in Detriot was worse, the worst coach i've ever witness was Richie Kotite. He never had Marty Booker and Williams on the same team so that "firepower," could not be used.

I said over the last five years!!

20 carries a game times 16 games = 320 carries

25 times 16 = 400 carries.

The average for a starting back is what about 300 to 320 carries and Ricky's overuse was 392. It was also not the first time that Norv Turner's offense has run the starting back about that much with or without Wannstedt.

With that perspective Ricky was overused whether he wanted the ball or not. A starting back should be used but not burnt out prematurely. The 383 carries in 2002 and 392 carries in 2003 is I understand a record.

Back
Top Bottom