Good Article on Ricky....hits the nail on the head. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Article on Ricky....hits the nail on the head.

Steve S said:
Define 'fake hurt', genius.

Fake Hurt: Ricky Williams is not the boyfriend, son, grandson, father, nephew, uncle, cousin, or close friend to 99.99999% of the fans. Nor have that number ever had a conversation with him or hung out with him. Nor does he have any effect on your lives financially or morally unless YOU allow it to. He is a person you watch through a TV, or down on that field with a lot of security guards around it. He is not a girlfriend/boyfriend or family member who has personally done anything to fracture an important relationship to the happiness/success of your life.

Too bad 50% of the fans can't differentiate that and feel as though Ricky PERSONALLY did something to the relationship they had between one another. :rolleyes:

P.S. Your comment about "playing and following football" (ie. implying I don't) means nothing. I'll bet money I have played soccer at a higher level than you have football, and that's just as much as a team game, maybe more, than football.

massi20 said:
I just want to win.

And the truth comes out! That's what it all boils down to. Why do people treat this like a father walking out on the family after a baby is born?

Was he a piece of cr@p for abandoning the team? Yes.

Does that mean we shouldn't use his talents this year? No.

The lesson to be learned is not to depend on him. Saban understands that... many fans do not.

Steve S said:
Define 'fake hurt', genius.

This is a guy Miami wasted 2 first rounders on who decided to quit the team after the draft when they had few options to replace him. Name ONE player who did more to harm his team in recent history than Ricky Williams.

I can't stand Wannstedt but he comes across as a sympathetic figure when you factor in how despicable an act this weasel pulled on him after Wanny put his neck on the line to bring him in to Miami.

A guy who decided smoking pot was more important than his team. A guy who was so gutless he kept making up different excuses for his exit, each one more bizarre and silly than the previous.

If you want to embrace this messed up quitter, fine. Don't expect people who have played and followed football a lot longer than you have to give this turd a warm welcome home.

Well said.

Schleprock said:
Fake Hurt: Ricky Williams is not the boyfriend, son, grandson, father, nephew, uncle, cousin, or close friend to 99.99999% of the fans. Nor have that number ever had a conversation with him or hung out with him. Nor does he have any effect on your lives financially or morally unless YOU allow it to. He is a person you watch through a TV, or down on that field with a lot of security guards around it. He is not a girlfriend/boyfriend or family member who has personally done anything to fracture an important relationship to the happiness/success of your life.

Too bad 50% of the fans can't differentiate that and feel as though Ricky PERSONALLY did something to the relationship they had between one another. :rolleyes:

I agree with you completely, Schleprock!

I think one of the most important parts in that article is where it states that even Ricky Williams has stated that he was selfish.

I also remember that he said he has matured alot and has done a few bad things. This was right after he was ordered to pay all that child support.

Ricky may be a new person, he may not. Only one way to find out and we now have Brown so we can afford to take the chance.

Ricky Williams upside is worth it IMO.

I wonder if Saban's to thank for his return or he just needs the money and has no choice but to play football.

Schleprock said:
Fake Hurt: Ricky Williams is not the boyfriend, son, grandson, father, nephew, uncle, cousin, or close friend to 99.99999% of the fans.

I think that number may be a little high if you factor in all the kids he has fathered.

Back
Top Bottom