Good news, Bad news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good news, Bad news

BeatCrazy2

FanFromBirth
Reaction score
WQAM Dolphins insider reported that rookie Wr's JR Tolver, and Ronald bellamy looked very good in practice, catching the ball.
The bad news is that they both burned Jamar Fletcher several times. Fletcher looked horrible, displaying that he still can't cover man to man. It's seems more likely the 3rd cb spot will be won by T-Buck.

He also spoke w/ Knights agent, ho said the Phins still have not made an offer. Their now waiting to see if other teams get desperate due to injuries. He also said the Doplhins are trying to off Knight $700,000 which he refuses to play for.

Just pay the man!

Sorry if this has already been posted

No its not, a good corner can cover man to man no matter whats teh situation.

Yes it is. Plus everyone gets burned. Not saying Fletcher is good, but if they guy makes 10 good plays but 1 bad play, everyone mentions his bad play.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
WQAM Dolphins insider reported that rookie Wr's JR Tolver, and Ronald bellamy looked very good in practice, catching the ball.
The bad news is that they both burned Jamar Fletcher several times. Fletcher looked horrible, displaying that he still can't cover man to man. It's seems more likely the 3rd cb spot will be won by T-Buck.

He also spoke w/ Knights agent, ho said the Phins still have not made an offer. Their now waiting to see if other teams get desperate due to injuries. He also said the Doplhins are trying to off Knight $700,000 which he refuses to play for.

Just pay the man!

Sorry if this has already been posted

I'll say this about Fletcher, like the press has reported, he has apparently been working very hard to improve his strength. His arms look a heck of a lot bigger. And one thing worth a note is on one play he hit the Wr, very very hard at the line. A popping sound rang from the field. It was a really good jam, something he never did last year. He was ALL OVER the Wr, and had really excellent blanketed coverage.

BUT NEVER looked in the Wr's eyes. The ball was thrown ( I believe from Jay to Thompson or Tolver), and if he had keyed off his eyes could have turned and made a play.

Well all that sounded promising huh? The Wr caught the ball, and that good hit, nice coverage was all for not.........FIRST DOWN!

As for Knight, well I surely hope the Dolphins don't lose this guy over 100,000 or even close to that!!!!!!!!

Freeman IMO was the one who had a bad day yesterday in coverage! He got beat three times in one session!

after ONE minicamp practice people are already calling for heads to roll....this is pathetic......

these practices mean relavively NOTHING.....who cares what is going on in these practices? i am happy with NO INJURIES....anything else i couldn't care LESS about......

how many players make a "name" for themselves at these camps and are one of the first players gone come cutdown time? when the pads go on and the REAL hitting starts then i will be excited/worried about these reports....until then it's all crap.....call me when kirby dar-dar is an opening day starter....

Originally posted by finheavenfan

Oh yes it is. It is very hard to bump a WR without pads. Plus the coaches tell the players not to play too physical..

just remember this, when patrick surtain gets burned, noone remembers.

We can't afford to "just pay" Knight. We're up against the cap. The Phins have promised to pay him next year if everything goes well this year. Can't fault either side at this juncture. But if it's only a few hundred K away, we gotta get it done.

Originally posted by finfan54
just remember this, when patrick surtain gets burned, noone remembers.

you want me to remember something i cant remember?:confused:

Re: Re: Good news, Bad news

Originally posted by Ozzy

I'll say this about Fletcher, like the press has reported, he has apparently been working very hard to improve his strength. His arms look a heck of a lot bigger. And one thing worth a note is on one play he hit the Wr, very very hard at the line. A popping sound rang from the field. It was a really good jam, something he never did last year. He was ALL OVER the Wr, and had really excellent blanketed coverage.

BUT NEVER looked in the Wr's eyes. The ball was thrown ( I believe from Jay to Thompson or Tolver), and if he had keyed off his eyes could have turned and made a play.

Well all that sounded promising huh? The Wr caught the ball, and that good hit, nice coverage was all for not.........FIRST DOWN!

As for Knight, well I surely hope the Dolphins don't lose this guy over 100,000 or even close to that!!!!!!!!

Freeman IMO was the one who had a bad day yesterday in coverage! He got beat three times in one session!

The great corners don't read the receiver's eyes. They read the quarterback. They know when to get their head around and get an eye on the QB. Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain both know how to do this, and Terrell Buckley is great at making a QB think his receiver is open. Jamar Fletcher is a zone corner who does better on plays that are in front of him, but he's yet to master the man to man technique that this team needs from him. You can tell in his reactions to a receiver getting by him. He doesn't look back to the QB and tries to catch up to the receiver instead. What he has to start doing is knowing where he is at and reading the quarterback. When he does this, he will be able to track the ball in flight.

I don't know if he will ever do that with Miami though. He really needs to be on a team that plays a lot more zone than Miami will play.

Re: Re: Re: Good news, Bad news

Originally posted by KB21

The great corners don't read the receiver's eyes. They read the quarterback. They know when to get their head around and get an eye on the QB. Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain both know how to do this, and Terrell Buckley is great at making a QB think his receiver is open. Jamar Fletcher is a zone corner who does better on plays that are in front of him, but he's yet to master the man to man technique that this team needs from him. You can tell in his reactions to a receiver getting by him. He doesn't look back to the QB and tries to catch up to the receiver instead. What he has to start doing is knowing where he is at and reading the quarterback. When he does this, he will be able to track the ball in flight.

I don't know if he will ever do that with Miami though. He really needs to be on a team that plays a lot more zone than Miami will play.

KB, this is totally untrue. I can give you ten scenarios where the Cb would have to read the Wr's eyes.

Playing a zone defense gives the Cb's a far easier task of watching the Qb.

Get it right man..... :)

Re: Re: Good news, Bad news

Originally posted by Ozzy

How did he pop someone without pads? lol

Originally posted by finheavenfan

The WR should win a 1v1 man to man coverage situation every single time. He has the major advantage of knowing where he is going whereas the CB does not have any idea. Even though CBs should be the most athletic players on the field, it is still nearly impossible to cover a good pass in man to man coverage with no support. And, without pads, a WRs cuts are so much quicker and sharper than a CBs that it is just unfair to the CB.

Back
Top Bottom