Good news, Bad news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good news, Bad news

I remember surtain getting burned in a playoff game vs baltimore by travis taylor I think.. that still hurts.

Re: Re: Re: Good news, Bad news

Originally posted by breckenridge55

How did he pop someone without pads? lol

It's not no hitting at all, and the Thompson went right at him. He jammed and it was pretty loud, enough to get my attention.

To whomever mentioned a CB doesn't key off the WR's eyes is just so far off I can't really fully put it inot words. I played CB at a D-IAA college and we were taught to key off several things depending on the coverage.

The WR can give keys on how he sets up at the line, hands, head movements, etc. You try to get a routine.

A WR when in route can give keys such as if he comes out the same way every time of if he comes real hard on pass patterns that are a certain way than others.

Once a WR is in his break you can see the hips drop and drive as he makes a cut, if he drops his hips lower at times than others you can key on that as well.

Once you are turning and running with a WR you wait for him to turn and make a move for the ball before you turn to locate the ball, if you turn to early you'll lose your man. The eyes are not as important as the arms are, but they are a huge key of when to turn and look.

The only time you use the QB's eyes are in zone coverage, something Fletch has been very good at, I think when he leaves our team and goes somewhere that plays alot of zone, he'll flourish.

A CB has to do so many things right, and as someone stated, a good WR will get open eventually on any CB, they know where they're going and you don't it's so hard.

I marvel at the things even the worst NFL corners can do, because I've been there and I know how tough their job really is.

I totally agree KB21. Fletcher is much more suited to play zone. I think he has gotten a bad rap to a degree, but he will never flourish here with the amount of man to man we play. He would make a great fit in Tampa with all the cover 2 they play.

Originally posted by aquaman
I remember surtain getting burned in a playoff game vs baltimore by travis taylor I think.. that still hurts.

If I'm not mistaken, that was a trick play.

KB21 tried to come down to earth to bestow his superior knowledge on the rest of us, unfortunately it wasn't worth the bestowing lol.

I had been a Jamar defender, but I'm not anymore. I'm sorry, but the dude's a first round cornerback and he's shown zero promise. Let me put it to you this way, he's getting matched up one on one with two rookies fresh out of the NCAA, one undrafted another a late rounder, and they are abusing him! One on one plays are plays where GOOD NFL receivers are supposed to win. Scrubs do not win them with consistency. At the end of the New England game, Chris Chambers could not win one on one against Terrell Buckely, yet JR Tolver and Ronald Bellemy are consistently lookin good one on one versus 3rd year 1st rounder Jamar Fletcher, and we're excusing it cuz of pads and no CB being able to win one on one matchups??? I know you remember the bad plays and dont remember the good, but lets face it, a CBs job is to not allow the bad plays to happen. You do well as a CB and blanket your man all but 3 plays, you're still known as the CB who allowed your man to catch 3 times for 110 yards or somethin. And I know the coaches are easily gettin as frustrated as some of us are with Jamar.

Back
Top Bottom