Good or bad decision give Doughty a shot. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good or bad decision give Doughty a shot.

Dolfan0628

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Some may disagree, but give this true QB from college a shot at least with the 1's in live action before deciding to draft QB this coming year. Good enough we aren't going to the playoffs and we know what Moore brings to the table. Gase pull the trigger, majority of fans won't hate you.

Truth is, Ryan has this four game home stretch to salvage himself.

Lets not kid ourselves, this was a 1-3 start all day . . . But these next four games will define the rest of this season and potential changes that need to be made.

See but that's the problem, Tannehill might go 2-2 or 3-1 with crap teams, and out of the 4 next games maybe 1 or even 2 are good teams, might give us fits and he might look great then go back to being inconsistent. We seen this inconsistencies routinely. We don't need this, how can other teams year in and year out find there man.... example Wentz, he has those Eagles flying high, and us fans are here are hoping just to have a decent year, for the last 5 years... like how much longer do you need to wait, to understand this guy is not the answer

No. You've got the money invested in tannehill. He starts the rest of the way so you can cut him trade him or keep him at the end. He's still salvageable. The line is ridiculously bad. Worse as it's ever been in the last 5 years. They're getting beat every passing down and teams aren't blitzing. It's embarrassing. James needs to be benched. Move pouncey to guard and live with the back up at center.

Tunsel puncey anybody anybody Albert is what the line should look like and will be way better than this ****.

Replace Albert

I am now firmly in the camp that Tannehill needs to be replaced, but to me Doughty doesn't even look like he is talented enough to be a backup in the NFL. At this point I don't care who they play at qb, as long as they keep losing enough to have a high enough pick to draft a qb that has a chance of succeeding in the NFL.

See but that's the problem, Tannehill might go 2-2 or 3-1 with crap teams, and out of the 4 next games maybe 1 or even 2 are good teams, might give us fits and he might look great then go back to being inconsistent. We seen this inconsistencies routinely. We don't need this, how can other teams year in and year out find there man.... example Wentz, he has those Eagles flying high, and us fans are here are hoping just to have a decent year, for the last 5 years... like how much longer do you need to wait, to understand this guy is not the answer

Trust me, I have gotten into more heated Tannehill debates than anybody on this site, but Adam Gase's number one goal is to definitively get an answer on 17 this season and you don't do that by throwing in the towel on him after a short week on the road against a top level defense with your offensive line shuffled up.

I understand the line is bad more than often, but he doesn't help his case, you can not routinely blame the line, because 1. When he has had protection he has screwed it up like his last INT where he threw it directly to the defender, and 2. Guy has no pocket awareness when the pocket starts collapsing.

Everything negative about Tannehill yesterday showed last night. No pocket awareness, bad reads, no arc in his pass (last int), constantly going to his check downs. Like we didn't even get the ball to parker til the fourth qt. Like really, you telling me not once Parker was open before that catch. I'm sorry I've witnessed for 4 years already and 4 games in the 5th year to know he is not the man, and I'm not the professional coach. I don't care how much money you got invested, you pull the trigger.

Then you get the fans that say, oh but every year he has improved. People don't be blinded, more than often the guy is padding his stats. Example this guy was like 3 for 9 at one point with like 90 yards I believe, I'm just rounding. Out of that 74 yards was from stills 1 catch. Like please dont be blinded.

Meh. Time to start scouting a college QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its a very good idea. Not anyone can tell me it isn't. What do we have to lose? someone said because we are invested in Tannehill, that's bullcrap. We've been invested in him for too long. he gets paid whether we win or lose. Bench his ass already. Play Doughty, lets see what we got. Obviously we have nothing to lose at this point. This team is on full rebuild mode. lets do it right though, fire tannenbuam, replace him with competence, and build from the inside out.

We have Chad Henne V 2.0 on our hands and I am convinced that management did not sign a decent backup in Moores place because they knew the crys for change would have already began instead of the restraint shown so far knowing Matt Moore is no NFL QB and a step down from the train wreck RT is.

Games franchise's play in 2016...

Last edited by a moderator:
RT gets the year in a new system, I have no question that's how this plays out. But if he wants to be the unquestioned guy going into the offseason, he needs to have a sterling 2nd half of the season. I was hoping for 8 wins, but expecting 6....just too many holes and too much change in the systems down in the locker room the last 5 years.....and RT will be here next year with his cap hit. But if he's not exceptional the last 8 games, I want a QB in round 2 or round 3 to compete. *I for one am not yet convinced any of the college guys this year would be definite upgrades on RT, so I'm leaning not going QB in round 1. But it's early to say definitely not.

Gase will probably say that you can't properly evaluate Tannehill because of our OL troubles and that our Wr's, etc. are sometimes still running the wrong routes. When Tannehill gets time and our Wr's run the correct routes then we will see. Personally, as with almost any QB, I think Tannehill would do okay if he had time in the pocket and had receivers that ran the correct route, but it's the other things like poor pocket presence, not elevating the play of guys around him, and inability to carry team when it is needed that causes me to doubt him. When Tannehill threw that bone head interception last night, Gase was talking to him on the side line and it was clear Gase was not happy at all. I like that. With Philbin, you probably couldn't tell if he was happy or pissed off. Tannehill definitely knows where he stands with Gase.

Tanny will NEVER be a good QB because he has no pocket presence. That's something you don't learn...you just have. I've never seen a QB come out of college without it and learn it in the pros. It just doesn't happen. Some guys just feel pressure and know when to step up, or shift, or take off running; other guys (like Tanny) just sit in the pocket like sitting ducks and give up sacks or fumbles....or panic and throw INTs.

Back
Top Bottom