Good Post-Game Stuff From Dixon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Post-Game Stuff From Dixon

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A few quick points (paraphrased) from Mark Dixon (more or less what each point was):

- "The Texans defense had no idea what was coming at them. It was nice to finally line up and not have the defensive lineman tell me what I was about to do. If I forgot my assignment last year, I could just ask my man and he could tell me (laughs)."

- "Norv only called 1/10 of his playbook tonight."

- Mark loves what Norv is doing on offense.

- Mark feels like the sack wasn't his fault. They made a call on the line for everyone to shift right and the sacker wasn't his man. He won't say for sure until they watch the game tape. But he's pretty sure that it wasn't his man. So he feels good that it was an ASSIGNMENT issue and not a case of him being BEATEN.

- "Todd Wade should be fine and be back in a few days"

That's all I can remember right now. Sorry.

He asserted that pretty strongly too about him not bein the guy thats wrong on that one. Doesn't sound like his usual self-defeating self. I would have thought he'd say "Well I guess I screwed up that one but I'm just learning"

Instead he was like "I still don't think I was wrong on that one but we'll see"

Nails is prolly the culprit

As Mark pointed out last years offense made a simple offense love inovative. I know this, the players know this, everyone in the football world knows this. So why does Chan Gailey get job offers? It boggles my mind. The offense we ran last year cost us at least 1 game, but probably more like 3, but Chan gets offered a head coaching job at a major D1 school. I guess it pays to have freinds like JJ.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Thanks Muck....Where did you get the update on Wade`s ankle sprain?

That last one was a Dixon quote. That's what he heard.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He asserted that pretty strongly too about him not bein the guy thats wrong on that one. Doesn't sound like his usual self-defeating self. I would have thought he'd say "Well I guess I screwed up that one but I'm just learning"

Instead he was like "I still don't think I was wrong on that one but we'll see"

I noticed that too. I think when he's actually out on the field (or just removed from it), he's a little different. Those competitive juices are still flowing. I'm confident that Dixon will be a competent LT for us. And if he ever gets healthy, he'll be very solid.

I'm very confident in Dixon at LT. I'm not as confident in Nails at LG. This is probably the 2nd game in a row Nails has started and let a definite amount of pressure come directly from his direction. If the Posey thing was not Dixon's fault, we had no backs in the backfield to get him, and if it wasn't Dixon's fault...it was Nails...

Nails got smacked around like a little beyotch last week against Norman Hand and Grady Jackson on pass protection.

Gary Walker nearly brought Fiedler down. If the Jeff Posey thing was him too man I dunno.

Thankfully he's still a devastating run blocker to make up for it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm very confident in Dixon at LT. I'm not as confident in Nails at LG. This is probably the 2nd game in a row Nails has started and let a definite amount of pressure come directly from his direction. If the Posey thing was not Dixon's fault, we had no backs in the backfield to get him, and if it wasn't Dixon's fault...it was Nails...

Nails got smacked around like a little beyotch last week against Norman Hand and Grady Jackson on pass protection.

Gary Walker nearly brought Fiedler down. If the Jeff Posey thing was him too man I dunno.

Thankfully he's still a devastating run blocker to make up for it.

How many sacks did they have? and did we run the football? thats all that counts baby. i watched the line intently at times, and the whole line made some holes. we werent perfect, but nails is nothing to worry about my friend. we did allright! keep in mind though that was a 3-4 defense with LB's coming all day. dont read into too much cus that defense of theres couldnt figure out where the ball was going next. thats what i want to see. next week. just write off the game right now people! we will be 1-3 in preseason. and chicago will see nothing! so expect the Oline to look real bad! just expect it! this is getting to easy to figure out. i am now in the camp that says preseasn should be 2 games and nothing more! maybe more scrimmages.

Just because we don't get sacked that offense it doesn't mean that our OL is doing well to the point where we can be very effective on offense.

If anything, I thought last year would have taught you that with Spencer Folau at LT. We have a mobile QB that can get away from pressure. But it doesn't mean just cuz he escapes the sack, that the pressure itself didn't take its toll. The more you keep your QBs jersey clean, the better he'll produce on each and every play with confidence. Not to mention pressure leads to INTs and throwaways...where a loss of down on a throwaway where the QB gets tackled despite throwing it away, can be nearly as bad as the sack (see the Gary Walker play...Walker tackled Fiedler as he threw the ball away a few yards behind the LOS).

Well CK this is the situation Wanny knows they are getting into by letting Nails start at guard. They improve their running game in that area and Jay's blind spot by having Dixon on the outside, but we are going to have to eventually help Nails out in pass protection by throwing a RB or FB in there to chip the defender in the odd pass downs. We've known this about Nails all along.

IF Dixon said the assignment was to shift to the right, the responsibility would have been on Weaver.

Some of the expectations here are unreal. This was only Nails' 2nd game as a starter in more than a year and a half. Defensive linemen get paid good money to make plays, and every now and then they will. The run blocking and pass protection last night was very good for the most part. Fiedler got sacked once and pressured a couple other times, let's not get bent out of shape over that. Give me one example of an OL that doesn't give up a sack and gives their QB all the time he needs for an entire game each and every week. Considering the OL was just put in place 8 days ago, and the Dolphins went through 2 RTs on the 1st 2 series, I thought they played pretty darn well.

Originally posted by relive1972
Some of the expectations here are unreal. This was only Nails' 2nd game as a starter in more than a year and a half. Defensive linemen get paid good money to make plays, and every now and then they will. The run blocking and pass protection last night was very good for the most part. Fiedler got sacked once and pressured a couple other times, let's not get bent out of shape over that. Give me one example of an OL that doesn't give up a sack and gives their QB all the time he needs for an entire game each and every week. Considering the OL was just put in place 8 days ago, and the Dolphins went through 2 RTs on the 1st 2 series, I thought they played pretty darn well.

Let calmer minds prevail....Well said, Relive.

It's probable that a lot of us are still spoiled by the great Dan Marino with the quickest release in the history of football.

Back
Top Bottom