Good quarterbacking is innate. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good quarterbacking is innate.

Yessir

Dolfan for Life
Reaction score
"He needs another year of development" LOL.

Please. Spare me that drivel. You either have it or you don't. Great quarterbacks are BORN, they are not developed. There are natural instincts, intangibles, and leadership qualities that come with it, and you can usually tell immediately when one has it. A moxy. Andrew Luck has it. Russel Wilson does too.

Ryan Tannehill does not meet the standard, I'm sorry to say my fellow fin fans. It sucks, I know. I was hopeful, but he simply does not have the "IT" factor.

Leadership is the real concern I have with Tannehill. I have said it before that "I just don't see the fire" with Tannehill. He doesn't seem to care. Lose or win. This is much line Henne...the robot.

I want someone who gives a ****! Noone had to light a fire under Marino's ass...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol it's funny how lacks the it factor when the team loses and has it when it wins.

I don't believe in the grooming of qb's anymore. The game has changed too much. Look at the top 10 qb's. Which ones were "groomed"? How many are there. Now look at the ones that came into the league in the past 5 years. How many now?

Not for nothin, but Drew Brees was considered a bust after until he got out of SD. Tannehill is wildly inconsistent and erratic but just sayin
"He needs another year of development" LOL.

Please. Spare me that drivel. You either have it or you don't. Great quarterbacks are BORN, they are not developed. There are natural instincts, intangibles, and leadership qualities that come with it, and you can usually tell immediately when one has it. A moxy. Andrew Luck has it. Russel Wilson does too.

Ryan Tannehill does not meet the standard, I'm sorry to say my fellow fin fans. It sucks, I know. I was hopeful, but he simply does not have the "IT" factor.

For someone who is supposed to be so athletic, he looks like a 2 day old stiff in the pocket.

Leadership is the real concern I have with Tannehill. I have said it before that "I just don't see the fire" with Tannehill. He doesn't seem to care. Lose or win. This is much line Henne...the robot.

I want someone who gives a ****! Noone had to like fire under Marino's ass...

Spot on.

Look at Bress, Manning, Rogers, and Brady. The elite four in the league. Now imagine if these dudes were robots emotionally. You think there teams would have the success they've had? Not a chance. That **** matters.

I do think Tannehill can be a starter in the league, however he isn't going to be able to single handedly carry a team week in and week out. That is asking too much as he hasn't played the position his entire life like most top tier qb's. He will need Miami to give him a very good supporting cast. I can say though that he really suffered this year from not having a running game. I want to see him next year and make a better judgement then.

Spot on.

Look at Bress, Manning, Rogers, and Brady. The elite four in the league. Now imagine if these dudes were robots emotionally. You think there teams would have the success they've had? Not a chance. That **** matters.

Since you know nothing about what happens in the huddle or locker room, you opinion on this is ridiculously uninformed.

I do think Tannehill can be a starter in the league, however he isn't going to be able to single handedly carry a team week in and week out. That is asking too much as he hasn't played the position his entire life like most top tier qb's. He will need Miami to give him a very good supporting cast. I can say though that he really suffered this year from not having a running game. I want to see him next year and make a better judgement then.

the no running game was a killer. People really underestimate how important a running game is to moving the chains and inside the 10 yard line.

Back
Top Bottom