Good Riddens Mr. Mediocre Todd Wade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Riddens Mr. Mediocre Todd Wade

Haywood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
WTF are the Texans thinking giving this clown $10 million signing bonus? Wade wants " to go somewhere that offensive lineman are appreciated". I'm glad the fins did not give this mediocre lineman that kind of money.

Finally, someone that agrees with me!!!:hi5:

Wade was never dominant, and he never played as good as he played as a rookie.

I will not miss him.

BTW, remember him going offside on 3rd and 1 in the 3rd quarter at New England? He F'd up that drive and probably the game.......

Miami sucked that day period, it wasn't cause of wade, you idiots always have to blame one player to cover up that we suck.

Mod Note:

You're suspended thru the weekend for referring to the other posters as "you idiots". You've been warned about your mouth before. Come talk to me on Monday.

Enjoy your break.

P4E

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Miami sucked that day period, it wasn't cause of wade, you idiots always have to blame one player to cover up that we suck.

Why did you call us idiots? Was that needed?

BTW, I would say that if somebody thinks that a team that went 10-6 sucks......well, I would say that not only is that person an idiot, but a certifiable moron.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

i wouldnt blame that game on wade, but i would blame it on the oline

For one thing they may by well under the cap so they can over pay(which is what the did) . Who knows how this contract runs , it may be back ended. As for the time that Wade was here I think he did a good if not great job. If he can get the $$$$ then more power to him.

I bear him no ill will. He demanded the same amount from us prior to free agency that he ended up getting from another team IN free agency. Its not like he was unfair, he knew exactly what his worth was.

Go get that money while you can is what I say man. He did a pretty good job for us considering all we did was invest a 2nd round pick in the guy. Remember 99? When we had James "fat boy" Brown in at RT we couldn't run the ball at all. We get rid of Brown but find no free agent replacement suitable to play RT for us so we're left with just the draft to do it. Fine...draft a tackle in round 1 he could start. What? No first round pick? Uh oh. We drafted Wade in the 2nd round and his energy and run blocking ability basically elevated the entire line. I am grateful for that.

Ever since then we've been far more effective running the ball to the right side than the left or middle. I am grateful for that too. But in the end he was just a 2nd round pick, with the limitations that really personify that fact. He's good but he'll never really be a pro bowler. He's almost there, he'll just never get over that hump I think, always will have lapses (remember he has A.D.D. and I know that probably doesnt affect his game play but the way he'll lapse every now and then and look like a complete bonehead just remind me of losing concentration)

I'm happy with what Todd Wade gave us for 4 years while all we had to do was spend a 2nd round pick and some low salaries to get those 4 years

Originally posted by Haywood
WTF are the Texans thinking giving this clown $10 million signing bonus? Wade wants " to go somewhere that offensive lineman are appreciated". I'm glad the fins did not give this mediocre lineman that kind of money.

I agree. Wade is an average right tackle at best and the Texans overpaid.

I would rather spend that kind of money on two guys on the line, Tait is much better so over pay him.

Anybody read Wade's departing remarks about the Fins?

Quote:I'm excited and glad to be a Texan," Wade said. "I'm glad I'm going where they appreciate their offensive linemen. I'm going to give my heart and soul to them.

Yeah...I'd imagine he's miffed. He's said things before. Basically, his position is we've had plenty of time to make sure he doesn't hit the market...and its true. He tried to talk about this like a full year ago before his 4th season...and our FO wouldnt hear it.

Back
Top Bottom