Goodbye ABC MNF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye ABC MNF?

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Reaction score
Under a proposed deal with the NFL, ABC could drop Monday Night Football, a fixture on the network since 1970, allowing MNF to air instead on cable sibling ESPN, while ABC would carry Sunday night games, the New York Times reported today (Friday). The deal could be worth as much as $1.45 billion, the newspaper reported. Under its current deal ABC pays $550 million to the NFL, and although the games boost ABC's overall ratings, they amount to a loss leader. The Times estimated that the network loses about $150 million a year on MNF.

http://imdb.com/news/sb/2005-04-08/

If that happens I will be pissed! I don't have cable and don't want to pay for it just to watch football.

Makes no difference to me, I have both?

If the Fins are not playing on MNF, I fall asleep in the 3rd quater anyway!

ABC is stupid to leave the NFL broadcasting biz ala NBC. Now what will they show? Golf?

I hate golf...! That is all NBC shows..or and the AFL.

ih8brady said:
ABC is stupid to leave the NFL broadcasting biz ala NBC. Now what will they show? Golf?

Sounds like they would get the Sunday night game now instead so they arent leaving the biz. This doesnt bother me either, I have both and monday night games now usually suck unless the phins are playing anyway.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Makes no difference to me, I have both?

If the Fins are not playing on MNF, I fall asleep in the 3rd quater anyway!

same here, I alway tape it anyway

DonShula84 said:
Sounds like they would get the Sunday night game now instead so they arent leaving the biz. This doesnt bother me either, I have both and monday night games now usually suck unless the phins are playing anyway.

Most likely but if you click the orig link, you'll see they might be losing all coverage in favor of their current TV lineup which is stupid because no program has been around as long and as a sure thing as MNF or Sunday night game.

ih8brady said:
Most likely but if you click the orig link, you'll see they might be losing all coverage in favor of their current TV lineup which is stupid because no program has been around as long and as a sure thing as MNF or Sunday night game.

Ah, I didnt see that. It would be stupid of them to lose all football, I hope it doesnt happen I like Al Michaels and Madden.

ABC has become boring; Monday night football is not what it used to be. Is it the announcers? Got me, all I know is if MNF leaves ABC, I won't lose any sleep.

Back
Top Bottom