Goodbye Andrew Luck, Hello Robert Griffin III! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye Andrew Luck, Hello Robert Griffin III!

Some of the best QBs in the NFL played in small college schools. Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Flacco, etc. all played at small schools. You need to look at the prospect's individual skills, and not the team he plays for. RG3 has EVERYTHING you want in a QB, except that he may be an inch shorter than the ideal. But he makes up for that in other aspects of his game.

Big Ben was high on everyone's boards in what I would consider to be the "Golden Age" of the MAC. Plus, he had size. Aaron Rodgers was hurt in the draft because of Akili Smith and Kyle Boller. Flacco was at Pitt, but the decision to go with Palko (who was probably damaged by pathetic coaching by Wanny and Cavanaugh) sent Flacco to Delaware, AKA landing place for all the best BCS players who didn't want to stick with their pathetic schools for one more year. And if the school's record truly meant nothing, then Thad Lewis would be a starting QB somewhere in the league right now.

I wonder how many people realize Barkley is also 6'2?

I noticed it before but you never know how much that number is inflated.

I'll take RG3 and Chud. Let's be a unique team.

I.remeber everybody saying Newton was a.project and how he has a high bust potential.

:lol:

Some people were wrong IMO

At 6'2" he might be a bit too short for the NFL. With the Dolphins shaky offensive line, he will get a ton of balls knocked down like Chad Henne. I would love to get Luck, but I am far from a suck for Lucker.

Just like Aaron Rodgers right? If the oline does their job there won't be any balls batted down.

I hope Barkley is a legit 6'2. There is some talk that he is shorter than that.

Not sufficient. I need to know what he can do against a team that doesn't suck (and no, TCU doesn't count, that was Week 1). The fact that Baylor has lost against all other ranked teams it has played so far tells me quite a bit. I need to see what he can do against Oklahoma and Texas, the only two remaining ranked teams on the schedule. Beating the snot out of KU and Texas Tech doesn't mean anything to me, and Iowa State and Mizzou are awful.
Not fair at all. He plays at BAYLOR. Baylor of all places. The only talent on the Baylor offense is Kendal Wright. Look at the talent level and look at what he is achieving . They also have one of the worst defenses.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Also interesting fact. RGIII was recruited by Jim Harbaugh at Stanford.

Every time I've seen Landry Jones play I've been very impressed however since there seems like a lot of people on here who probably are much better judges of QB ability than me, that don't seem to rate him, then I'll bow to their better wisdom. As we've probably lost out on Luck now (unless we do some sort of trade the farm), Barkley is highly unlikely to declare, Tannehill was terribad on Saturday and Weeden is just too old to be considered for 1st round pick, then RG3 is potentially our guy if we want a first round QB, problem may be that where we pick may be too high for him.
I would be ready to take a flyer on him, but I think if we do take a QB is the first, it'll be Jones, which will piss off quite a few on here by the sounds of it.

I.remeber everybody saying Newton was a.project and how he has a high bust potential.

:lol:

Some people were wrong IMO

Yeh I'll wait before I count out a guy like RG3 or Tannehill being in the discussion when April rolls around.

Give me Luck/Barkley/Weeden/Jones/RG3/Tannehill. Give me any of them!

Not fair at all. He plays at BAYLOR. Baylor of all places. The only talent on the Baylor offense is Kendal Wright. Look at the talent level and look at what he is achieving . They also have one of the worst defenses.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Also interesting fact. RGIII was recruited by Jim Harbaugh at Stanford.

And Thad Lewis played for DUKE. Guess who recruited him as well: Wanny (Pitt), RichRod (WVU), Gary Patterson (TCU), Jim Leavitt (USF), and Texas A&M. And where is Thad Lewis now? What is so special about RGIII that trumps Thad Lewis?

The people on this thread have STILL not answered the question to why RGIII won't be merely a repeat of Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf, a couple of one-year wonders who parlayed that success into high draft picks and collapsed soon after. Burden of proof is on you.

Yea how about Andrew Luck???

Who is Akili Smith? Is it Alex Smith everyone is referring too? I mean, I know it took him awhile, but now that he has been given weapons, he looks like a real QB, especially since hes been given a REAL coach. No disrespect to Singletary because I do like him as a coach, but hes not an offensive minded coach. Alex Smith is looking really well this year, not as good as Aaron Rodgers of course, but hes looking like a real QB for once. So what it took him 6 years, congrats to him on his success..

Yea how about Andrew Luck???

Even though I do agree that Andrew Luck is an unproven QB in the NFL stature, he has been a big name QB in the College ranks for more than 1 year and was recruited by a coach I have a lot of respect for and wanted in Miami...Now, Im not going to say Andrew Luck is going to be some amazing Hall of Fame QB already, and going to be a 5 time super bowl champion like people are saying.. Everyone already acts like the kid is a complete superstar, but bust are VERY common in the NFL, especially when you bring in a QB to a terrible coaching staff and no good team environment. In the same breath, RGIII was targeted by Harbaurgh as well and RGIII is my second choice as QB in the draft, even over Jones.

Who is Akili Smith? Is it Alex Smith everyone is referring too? I mean, I know it took him awhile, but now that he has been given weapons, he looks like a real QB, especially since hes been given a REAL coach. No disrespect to Singletary because I do like him as a coach, but hes not an offensive minded coach. Alex Smith is looking really well this year, not as good as Aaron Rodgers of course, but hes looking like a real QB for once. So what it took him 6 years, congrats to him on his success..

not Alex Smith. Akili Smith. 3rd overall pick by the Bengals in 1999.

Even though I do agree that Andrew Luck is an unproven QB in the NFL stature, he has been a big name QB in the College ranks for more than 1 year and was recruited by a coach I have a lot of respect for and wanted in Miami...Now, Im not going to say Andrew Luck is going to be some amazing Hall of Fame QB already, and going to be a 5 time super bowl champion like people are saying.. Everyone already acts like the kid is a complete superstar, but bust are VERY common in the NFL, especially when you bring in a QB to a terrible coaching staff and no good team environment. In the same breath, RGIII was targeted by Harbaurgh as well and RGIII is my second choice as QB in the draft, even over Jones.

See even if you might be in the S4L bandwagon I enjoyed reading your post. You know there is a possibility of being a bust. I admire that you are not ignorant like some other ppl -.-. There were many college QB that had great reputation, Matt Leinart even David Carr. If David Carr were in a better situation with a better line and didnt get killed he might of had some success. Its proven you can get franchise QB in the late 1st and 2nd rounds. I want RGIII over Jones as well. He is so accurate and he does not dink and dunk passes.

I never watched a college game it does not appeal to me. I prefer getting a proven QB over a prospect! I would trade Andrew Luck and 2-3 first rounders for Aaron Rodgers!

Back
Top Bottom