Goodell: NFL Is Preparing To Play! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell: NFL Is Preparing To Play!

The only conceivable way for them to move forward in the fall IMO is by having the "Hunger Games" style setup where they are all sequestered in some remote island somewhere in which no one else can come or leave the island for the entire season. That will be surreal in so many ways.

The only conceivable way for them to move forward in the fall IMO is by having the "Hunger Games" style setup where they are all sequestered in some remote island somewhere in which no one else can come or leave the island for the entire season. That will be surreal in so many ways.
Sure, I mean there's a helping of hyperbole in there but I get your point.

I really don’t think there will college or professional football this year. A vaccine is still 12 to 18 months away at best and all it would take is one player coming down with Covid19 while at practice or during a game and the entire sport would be shut down just like the NBA shut down.
I think the NFL will likely conduct the 2020 and 2021 drafts before we see another NFL game.

I'll be pretty surprised if there's a season honestly.

The could play in empty stadiums the Dolphins have been doing it for years.

Just have an abbriviated World Cup like season. Split the league into 8 diifferent 4 teams pools. Each team in the pool plays the other three teams twice for a 6 game total. The winner of each of the 8 pools would then play a single elimination 8 team playoff/tournament for the title.

Love it.

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but it's easier to plan for a season and cancel it than to plan on no season and have to start it within 14 days. Due diligence. For the record, I want to see football

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but it's easier to plan for a season and cancel it than to plan on no season and have to start it within 14 days. Due diligence. For the record, I want to see football
I totally agree. Stay the course and if you need to adjust the plan adjust it. Much easier to idle the engine than to cold crank it.

Back
Top Bottom