Goodell:Time to start over on catch rule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell:Time to start over on catch rule

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...oodell-time-to-start-over-again-on-catch-rule

I hope this get cleared up, I can't think of another sport where something so fundamental is this broken.

From our standpoint, I would like to start back, instead of adding to the rule, subtracting the rule. Start over again and look at the rule fundamentally from the start," Goodell said during his annual Super Bowl Week presser. "Because I think when you add or subtract things you can still lead to confusion. These rules are very complex -- you have to look at what the unintended consequences are of making a change, which is what the Competition Committee, in my view, does so well and with so much thought./QUOTE]

The Bert Emanuel rule started the downfall. Just don’t let the ball touch the ground. Sure it will eliminate some of the low on the turf catches. But pretty easy to determine catch or not. Qb’s and recievers will adjust and make the target a bit higher. This would help the defenses a bit

I can't believe that a billion dollar company like the NFL cannot get the most fundamental part of the game right.

Back
Top Bottom