Got rid of the wrong Wade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Got rid of the wrong Wade

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I knew letting Wade go to the Texans was a mistake. He was young and talented, by far our best O-lineman and Bumstead let him go. I think we miss Tim Ruddy too. He wasn't the most gifted athlete, but he always made calls at the line and pointed out blitzes. You just don't see Seth doing that:shakeno:

Todd Wade is overpaid. He was a major underachiever after his 1st year. Ruddy is so good, he's out of the league.

So over paid that if he was still here, he would still be our best lineman. Ruddy was a smart guy Seth is well, not pointing out blitzes to well

Todd Wade was the best offensive lineman on a horrible line. He wanted ridiculous money for his above average ability.

This team REALLY needs a center. Mac and St. Clair suck, but the center is the most important lineman because of what they do before the snap, and after. McKinney couldn't beat an old dog like Ruddy out, but he's this year's offensive line leader? He can't block, and worst of all could never do line audibles.

If they would have offered Wade an extension I think they could've gotten him at a much cheaper price b/c I don't even think his agent thought he'd get that much. Instead we bring in St Clair and spend a 1st and 4th round pick on the RT position. We should have just overpaid with the $ instead of draft picks.

DolphanD said:
And what's with the lack of shotgun formation? McKinney can't snap or what?

It's been phased out slowly since Marino retired... Every year it was less and less used, now it's gone. We have a great Coordinator.

Todd Wade.....mean, good run blocker, below average pass blocker.

That ain't worth $5 million a year IMO. I like Carey's long-term prospects better. More athleticism. But less nastiness. If we get an SOB right guard, that could help. Hadnot has that attitude. And he's very strong. Hopefully he develops.

Back
Top Bottom