Grade: All Three Sides Of The Ball? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade: All Three Sides Of The Ball?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Grade the offensive, defensive and special teams in Saturday's nights scrimmage.

I'm going to go ahead and give McD an B+. He had the team well prepared, given how many starters sat. Thompson was ready for his first NFL action, there were no penalties to speak of, and we won a close game against another well coached team.

I'm going to go ahead and give McD an B+. He had the team well prepared, given how many starters sat. Thompson was ready for his first NFL action, there were no penalties to speak of, and we won a close game against another well coached team.
I got McDaniel with a A myself. Awesone job at his 1st

I'm not grading. I know what the point is but I didn't recognise some of the players wearing a Dolphin uni. That's not disrespectful but right now the team has 80 plus players. The HC pulled out about 17 starters so I'm not judging. Throw in that the Bucs decided to do exactly similar then its a mute.
I will say that pre season games has changed lately regarding putting in starting units or not.
Ppl above my pay grade are making these decisions. Is it about protecting players not getting injured with the dollars attached to them over playing time? I think it is but I will never know until somebody actually says it.

I'm not grading. I know what the point is but I didn't recognise some of the players wearing a Dolphin uni. That's not disrespectful but right now the team has 80 plus players. The HC pulled out about 17 starters so I'm not judging. Throw in that the Bucs decided to do exactly similar then its a mute.
I will say that pre season games has changed lately regarding putting in starting units or not.
Ppl above my pay grade are making these decisions. Is it about protecting players not getting injured with the dollars attached to them over playing time? I think it is but I will never know until somebody actually says it.
part of it is that now we have a 17 games regular season so they want to rest the starters as much as possible ......also, there are only 3 pre season games and you need to see what the young/new guys can do so you need to give them that extra playing time in the 3 games we have.

Game means 0 whether we won, lost, dominated, or got dominated.

On the other hand, the game is EXTREMELY important as far as how each player played, how they handled adversity, and how they acted with the lead.

Backup players can mean the difference of missing playoffs, or reaching as far as in the SB.

You don't expect to see greatness from your 2nd and beyond tier, but you do expect to see guys that can take over, make plays, and handle their part when
called upon.

This game was just evaluation, next week's game is an indicator how far we have come, but yet again whether we lose or win means little to nothing.

Game means 0 whether we won, lost, dominated, or got dominated.

On the other hand, the game is EXTREMELY important as far as how each player played, how they handled adversity, and how they acted with the lead.

Backup players can mean the difference of missing playoffs, or reaching as far as in the SB.

You don't expect to see greatness from your 2nd and beyond tier, but you do expect to see guys that can take over, make plays, and handle their part when
called upon.

This game was just evaluation, next week's game is an indicator how far we have come, but yet again whether we lose or win means little to nothing.
That’s how I feel about all of preseason. The scoreboard doesn’t really mean much to me. To me, it’s all about who’s battling for a starting spot and who’s battling for a roster spot, and what’s their result.

I haven’t finished rewatching it and I get it is just a scrimmage but it seemed eerily similar to last season’s start.

-Outside of two 20+ yard runs we could not get anything going on the ground. Tampa sat all their starters on defense and we got zero push.

- We gave up nearly 400 yards on defense. Defensive backfield breakdowns leading to big plays.

On the plus side, Hill and Waddle should feast in this offense.

Offense - C
Defense - B (two turnovers and a score)
ST - A

I just hope they had fun and played fair and square. That's what counts, right?

Grade the first preseason of the year? What’s the point? They looked lost just like I figured they would under a new coach and assistants and team personnel. Nothing to see here

Back
Top Bottom